Show no fear urges Jones, oh and Colin dosen't like the Band

Guest intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

Think the band were good when they started, something different but think the band are 10 years passed there sell by date now. Like inflatables good for a season and then everyone had enough of them. When they started doing England games instead of Wednesday ones was when I had enough of them.

I aint got a problem with em, but aint that bothered about em either, just a point on the past their sell by date comment tho, many more clubs are now getting groups of fans who are doing exactly the same (copying) as us, and providing a musical accompaniment at games.

Guest intercity0wl

We have been missing pace! Could be the missing link for us, big step up for him Though

Do Weeds have a forum of their own, where comments such as this, that have no interest to us at all could be posted.

DAVE Jones will urge his team to play without fear when they seek a first win in nine games in the white-hot atmosphere of a Yorkshire derby against Leeds tonight.

The Sheffield Wednesday manager insists that Hillsborough with a crowd of around 30,000 and a national TV audience will be no place for faint hearts.

But he is confident that if the Owls replicate the attitude and work that they have been showing in training then they could be approaching a turning point in their season.

“I want our players to express themselves,” he said.

“We haven’t got to be frightened - if you make a mistake then go and look for the ball again. Sometimes it’s the right decision, just the wrong execution.

“If you stop making the right decision because you’re worried about getting it wrong, you’ll never succeed.”

Jones wants his players to revel in the big occasion. “This sort of game is what you’re in football for: it’s what you strive for,” he said.

“There are players who come to a club like Sheffield Wednesday and can’t handle it - it’s too big a club for them; they’re out of their comfort zone. We haven’t seen that here so far.

“But there are big demands. There will be 30,000 people expecting us to be right.

“It will start off 100 miles an hour, with the buzz of the crowd and the atmosphere. But you need people to put their foot on the ball and pass it. You need all that experience from your older players and hope that will rub off on the younger ones.

“If we can reproduce on the pitch what we have been doing in training, we’ll be happy.

“I think we’ve seen it in spasms in the games - we’re just trying to get it consistently.”

Jones believes that the division is so tight that it will be possible for the Owls to climb quickly from the bottom three.

“You will hit a bad patch; I’d rather hit one now than later on. We’re trying to iron things out. The players have to keep believing, keep trying to do the right things,” he said

Leeds boss Neil Warnock said: “To have the best part of 30,000 there for a Friday night game that’s live on television shows the potential at both clubs. This could quite easily be a Premier League fixture.

“It’s a massive club. When they [Wednesday] have been relegated over the years, the fans have always stuck with them.

“They were getting average crowds of about 21,000 in League

One. Their fans and the Leeds fans are very similar. The atmosphere at places like Hillsborough is why I’m in football. I get stick at most places around the country but it’s always healthy stick at Sheffield Wednesday.

“Hillsborough’s a real football ground and I like going there. I don’t enjoy their band though; they could do with finding a few more records.”

I like those bits in bold. Shows that he is trying to instill a way of playing and sticking to it through a tough transitional period. Fingers crossed we see an improvement tonight.

Putting all the pig fan stuff aside, and looking at it entirely without prejudice, has there ever been a better manager in the lower leagues? His record is amazing. And looking at QPR now, was he really the problem there?

QPR made a mistake getting rid of Colin

Do Weeds have a forum of their own, where comments such as this, that have no interest to us at all could be posted.

Yeah, it's that pathetic "WACCOE" site.

Knobbers.

Well it's a Weds v Leeds related thread, thought I'd join in the debate.

TBF though not a fan of WACCOE site, so if its alright with you I'll park mi'sen here till our match is over.

Guest michael dodds

Can't wait for the match tonight. Big noisy home crowd is a must. Like or loathe the band (I'm a fan of them), they do ramp up the noise from the kop, and if certain visitors don't like it all the better.

Hope the band's there in force, with all the happy clappers, and the baritone BOOOOERRRS too!

Come on The Wednesday!!

Guest intercity0wl

TBF though not a fan of WACCOE site, so if its alright with you I'll park mi'sen here till our match is over.

Mi comment was aimed at that zac guy, the one who seems to go from lets all be Yorkshire buddies, to Wum with every post he makes.

Guest TeamFister

do i know u NF????

If the crowd sang more without the band, the band wouldn't be there.

That's exactly what used to happen, then somebody decided he'd get his cronies together and form what's laughingly called a band. They're crap, and do nothing at all to enhance the match day atmosphere.

Guest dave jones n.1

I don't mind Warnock at all. Yes he's a pig at heart but at least he says it how it is for him. He calls a spade a spade.

Racist