Your views on argument with the Mrs?

Guest nevergetpastsemedo

That's nowt compared to my Mrs, mine's a proper pain in the arse. All the time.

This morning for instance.....

We have a 2nd hand shop we just open at weekends, as we both have proper jobs during the week. The Mrs is at the shop today and my job is to do the week's homework with my two kids 8 and 6 years old.

I've just got up with the kids, just about to make them breakfast, and I get a phone call from the shop. Can I come and sort the heater out, its not working (its a heater that needs a bottle of butane). "That's because the gas has run out" I say.

"No it hasn't" she says, "I bought another one recently"

"Are you sure"? I asked, "I don't remember you mentioning it"

Absolutely insistent...."Yes I'm sure"

"So what's the problem with it then?"

"We don't know how to get it working"

"What do you mean we?"

"I've said Alistair's Mum can sell her stuff in our shop today. It's just that she's brought Alistair with her and he's cold (6 year old)"

"Well, has she thought about ringing her husband and asking him to bring another coat for him or something, or thought about taking him home? He's not my bleeding responsibility. I'd have to get myself ready, the kids ready, then drive over,and it's half an hour's drive. I'm supposed to be doing the kids' homework with them. We've not had breakfast yet and we're all hungry"

"It won't take you long, I did promise she could sell her stuff today, she needs the money, and Alistair is cold".

So I get the kids sorted, me sorted, and promise the kids breakfast along the way.

I get there and the only problem seems to be pushing the connector onto the bottle and twisting it into position. There's instructions that say push and twist. I push and twist and it goes on straight away.

Whilst I'm doing this, I have Alistair's Mum telling me she thinks I just need to twist and push.

"Oh, we couldn't get it to work" they both say.

Then it still doesn't work because there IS NO flipping GAS, it's empty like I said.

"Oh" says the wife, "Now I think about it, I might have got mixed up. I think it was the gas for the barbecue I replaced"

Bites lip, very hard............,

"i've brought the electric fan heater from my upstairs room with me, I'll leave you that" I said.

"No, it uses up too much electricity, we can manage without".

Bites lip very hard again.

"Come on kids, lets's go. I'll buy you a bacon or sausage sandwich on the way home"

An hour and a bit later, I get home. It's cost me petrol to get there, and the cost of breakfast eating out.

The phone rings..........

She then has a right go at me because "I left in a huff, was rude to her friend by not being pleasant, and her friend thinks I've got the face on with her". I bite my lip again and say we can talk about it later.

I then notice a note on the doorstep from a parcel delivery firrm. I wasn't expecting anything so I ring the wife.

"Yes, I ordered something off EBAY cos I knew you'd be in today to take collection" (although she then calls me out).

"Can you just go and collect it for me?"

"NO I flipping CAN'T". End of conversation and now awaiting another Barney later.

Of course, it'll all be my fault, it always is.

Tell me, is it just my Mrs who is high maintenance?

Funneh story bro. Oh, and yeah it's just yours.

Poor old Simon ,

my ex was just the same mate ,so i know how it works ,in their little tiny heads they are never wrong mate no matter what you do ,

Ihad a call from her partner a couple of years ago,begging me to take the ex back ,because she was mental ,

My reply was kept to one word "ENJOY" and put the phone down

Gave me great satisfaction saying that , lol

My ex- left me for a narcissistic sports pimp, but dishonesty breeds fear of dishonesty (I am a serial monogamist) and they inhabit a strange world of paranoia and fear.

They once accused me of poisoning their cat, which died.

The problem is that it's not even the basis for a sane conversation, so even entering into one can seems like an admission of some sort of guilt.

'DID YOU POISON MY F*CKING CAT?'

'Why would I do that?'

'Well you don't like cats, do you?'

'I don't like Justin Bieber either but I spare him the f*cking hemlock treatment!'.

And so on. Lunacy.

You only get what you give.

Typical day.

Who sent you a text message?

Rich. He's coming down to the (our) bar tonight.

Who's coming with him? Is his girlfriend coming? How long is he staying?? What does he want to eat? Where does he want to sit? Shall we make the big table in the middle room? Have you ordered enough beer? What time is he coming? What will he be wearing? Is it a party?

No dear, he's just popping in for a chat and a quiet drink while he waits for his girlfriend to finish work so he doesn't sit at home on his own for a couple of hours and I haven't seen him for a couple of weeks.

What does he want to talk about? What's his girlfriends job? Why has he finished work so early? Where does he live? Why hasn't he been down to the bar for so long? Is she coming? What does she want to eat? Do they want to book a table??

I don't know dear.

I'm just popping round the corner for some PEACE!!!!!

That's nowt compared to my Mrs, mine's a proper pain in the arse. All the time.

This morning for instance.....

We have a 2nd hand shop we just open at weekends, as we both have proper jobs during the week. The Mrs is at the shop today and my job is to do the week's homework with my two kids 8 and 6 years old.

I've just got up with the kids, just about to make them breakfast, and I get a phone call from the shop. Can I come and sort the heater out, its not working (its a heater that needs a bottle of butane). "That's because the gas has run out" I say.

"No it hasn't" she says, "I bought another one recently"

"Are you sure"? I asked, "I don't remember you mentioning it"

Absolutely insistent...."Yes I'm sure"

"So what's the problem with it then?"

"We don't know how to get it working"

"What do you mean we?"

"I've said Alistair's Mum can sell her stuff in our shop today. It's just that she's brought Alistair with her and he's cold (6 year old)"

"Well, has she thought about ringing her husband and asking him to bring another coat for him or something, or thought about taking him home? He's not my bleeding responsibility. I'd have to get myself ready, the kids ready, then drive over,and it's half an hour's drive. I'm supposed to be doing the kids' homework with them. We've not had breakfast yet and we're all hungry"

"It won't take you long, I did promise she could sell her stuff today, she needs the money, and Alistair is cold".

So I get the kids sorted, me sorted, and promise the kids breakfast along the way.

I get there and the only problem seems to be pushing the connector onto the bottle and twisting it into position. There's instructions that say push and twist. I push and twist and it goes on straight away.

Whilst I'm doing this, I have Alistair's Mum telling me she thinks I just need to twist and push.

"Oh, we couldn't get it to work" they both say.

Then it still doesn't work because there IS NO flipping GAS, it's empty like I said.

"Oh" says the wife, "Now I think about it, I might have got mixed up. I think it was the gas for the barbecue I replaced"

Bites lip, very hard............,

"i've brought the electric fan heater from my upstairs room with me, I'll leave you that" I said.

"No, it uses up too much electricity, we can manage without".

Bites lip very hard again.

"Come on kids, lets's go. I'll buy you a bacon or sausage sandwich on the way home"

An hour and a bit later, I get home. It's cost me petrol to get there, and the cost of breakfast eating out.

The phone rings..........

She then has a right go at me because "I left in a huff, was rude to her friend by not being pleasant, and her friend thinks I've got the face on with her". I bite my lip again and say we can talk about it later.

I then notice a note on the doorstep from a parcel delivery firrm. I wasn't expecting anything so I ring the wife.

"Yes, I ordered something off EBAY cos I knew you'd be in today to take collection" (although she then calls me out).

"Can you just go and collect it for me?"

"NO I flipping CAN'T". End of conversation and now awaiting another Barney later.

Of course, it'll all be my fault, it always is.

Tell me, is it just my Mrs who is high maintenance?

flip her dry up arse and then blurt in her mouth, thaa nos.