Your views on argument with the Mrs?

Guest nevergetpastsemedo

Guest nevergetpastsemedo

Been a bit tricky the start of this season as we have a 8 week old baby and a 2 year old aswell, Been to a couple away games and every home game bar Millwall and Hull. However I've been looking forward to the Leeds game for months and to add fuel my mate is a Leeds fan so bragging rights are up for grabs Now I had to chose my time to tell her I was going Friday night ,so I thought tonight would be good after a glass of wine. "ok to go to Leeds game on Fri babe?" long pause.......... "yeah"......... "well actually I've got plans on Friday and was hoping you could come as I was looking forward to a Friday night out" What she had planned was to go see a few different friends of hers and wanted me to come to help look after the girls!! Anyway big argument starts and she accuses me of not putting her first etc etc. I then went on to explain it's Leeds big game etc etc and any other time apart from this one would have been fine. Que her going to bed with face on and me writing this. Now I know a few lasses come on here so would be good to get both sides, so come on am I out of order??

Make her understand that her friends will be there anytime, but the leeds game will only happen once this year and on that specific game. If she carries on the argument tell her, ok you'll go with her, but you won't speak to anyone and will have the earphones on your phone. She'll either feel guilty and cave in or tell you to p!ss off to the match anyway. I suspect she already knows about the match anyway ( I mean who wouldn't ) and is going to use it as a clever bargaining tool at a later date :biggrin: :biggrin:

If you go, you know you'll pay for it in the long run, if she stops you from going, you won't be able to hide that you wish you were there and she'll either feel bad or stress and worry that you're going to hold this against her. Put this point to her, see how the conversation goes, and agree with what she tells you to do, and she will tell you. Wednesday may be your life, but if you can have orgasm in the ground, rather than her, and it not be a little wrong, you probably shouldn't have a missus in the first place.

Been a bit tricky the start of this season as we have a 8 week old baby and a 2 year old aswell, Been to a couple away games and every home game bar Millwall and Hull. However I've been looking forward to the Leeds game for months and to add fuel my mate is a Leeds fan so bragging rights are up for grabs Now I had to chose my time to tell her I was going Friday night ,so I thought tonight would be good after a glass of wine. "ok to go to Leeds game on Fri babe?" long pause.......... "yeah"......... "well actually I've got plans on Friday and was hoping you could come as I was looking forward to a Friday night out" What she had planned was to go see a few different friends of hers and wanted me to come to help look after the girls!! Anyway big argument starts and she accuses me of not putting her first etc etc. I then went on to explain it's Leeds big game etc etc and any other time apart from this one would have been fine. Que her going to bed with face on and me writing this. Now I know a few lasses come on here so would be good to get both sides, so come on am I out of order??

If she is wanting you to help look after the girls, I assume those are her friends ? If thats the case, I'll take you place and look after them......

If it's anything other than that then you must always look after your children!

I used to get that all the time. Same situation, two young children. Always dreaded bringing the thing up. Until the other year when I invested in a season ticket at the start of the season. I basically printed the fixtures out and stuck them on the fridge so she knew where she stood. Works a treat now.

Get yourself a half season ticket

Edited by danx38

flip off pig. Enjoy playing the red lion this weekend

You've just answered your own question at the start of the fred there...

flip off pig...

Right, this is what you do.

Tell her that she was right etc etc and you're going to put her first and allow her to go out with her friends.

Put the two little 'uns to bed when she has gone out.

Order a takeaway and make sure the beers in the fridge are ice cold.

Invite your mate round and watch the Leeds game on tv, making sure the baby monitor is near to you.

Job done!

You got your priorities right lad

Plus, you can use the 'we can do some family stuff all day Saturday as there isnt a game'

Someone I know had a similar situation start of this season, although his missus wouldnt let him play footy anymore. She never let him express his side of the ball either. So, on the way to work in the morning, he left her a pre-written letter, turned off his mobile, and waited to get in so she would have to read it and take in all his points.

Give it a try, leave her a note when you go work Monday (be sure to get everything you want in, might be your only chance...)