Read this - agree or disagree ?

Lee Strafford - Right man - Right Time

Milan Manderic - Right man - Right time

Megson - Right man - Right time

Dave Jones - Right man Right time

The path to success is right there above... we've enjoyed success recently simply (and ONLY) because for once we've got the right people in the right decision making places at exactly the right time.

That doesn't happen too often here at Sheffield Wednesday

We should encourage and support Dave Jones and put the past behind us because in Milan, Paul and Dave Jones we have a team definitely more than capable of taking onto the next level again, after work from Lee and Gary put us in the place where the cancer stopped, asses were kicked and we pushed on with passion and pride.

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Hola Tidman

How can you possibly know that?

Our run leading up to the Sheffield United game would suggest the complete opposite (I know we got Antonio in).

Didn't Jones only drop 4pts last season?!?!

Yes and how can anybody possibly say we wouldnt have got auto without jones? Its exactly the same statement, nobody knows what wouldve happened.

But it is my opinion that if Megson continued as manager we wouldnt have dropped any points from the remaining fixtures..... just as valid as anyone who says if it wasnt for jones we wouldnt have gone on a great run and got auto.

Edited by Hola Tidman

And I'm assuming this is based on factual evidence, rather than just something you really, really believe with all your heart, forever and ever amen?

TBF Lee Strafford did allude to his suspicions that a lot of the signings weren't manager based, a couple of weeks ago.

He did say, in fairness that he wasn't ITK.

And I'm assuming this is based on factual evidence, rather than just something you really, really believe with all your heart, forever and ever amen?

Dont delete part of my post to try and make it look better for you, highlight the bits you wish to disagree with.

of course its based on fact, or are you suggesting Milan didnt sack megson, or that we signed Marshall, or that they didn't have a bust up?

TBF Lee Strafford did allude to his suspicions that a lot of the signings weren't manager based, a couple of weeks ago.

He did say, in fairness that he wasn't ITK.

He certainly did. IIRC he said he thought it was common knowledge? I was surprised as at the time I was the only one who picked up on his words....

Edited by Almat

Dont delete part of my post to try and make it look better for you, highlight the bits you wish to disagree with.

of course its based on fact, or are you suggesting Milan didnt sack megson, or that we signed Marshall, or that they didn't have a bust up?

I have highlighted the part I disagree with. It's irrefutable that Milan sacked Megson. Milan is the chairman after all.

What I'm asking you is how you know Milan interfered with team selection, or how he refused to back him for personal reasons.

I have highlighted the part I disagree with. It's irrefutable that Milan sacked Megson. Milan is the chairman after all.

What I'm asking you is how you know Milan interfered with team selection, or how he refused to back him for personal reasons.

You didnt highlight, you deleted part of it

dont ask me anything, ask yourself, what do you think?

why did so many new signings simply disappear without kicking a ball?

did he and Megson have a ding dong then any promising or targeted new signings fail to appear?

Edited by scarboro-owl

Personally, I don't understand why Jones is getting more time than Megson. Given Megson's understanding of the club, he had more of a chance of building a lasting legacy than Jones does. For example, we were crap at home for years before Megson showed up. He understood that Hillsborough could be a fortress IF the fans were onside, but could also be a problem if the fans turned. Jones rode that home to the end of last season, but now seems to have lost that point somewhere.

There are issues surrounding the confidentiality agreement of Megsons gardening leave which would show both Garry and Milan to be lacking in personal attributes. These issues may never be known but to the very select few.

However, Milan has shown that he will never spend a guinea where a pound will do. The pre season spend could have brought in different players with different skill sets but this would have still been problematic for Jones. Having to manage so much change in such a short time span would be difficult at the best of times.

The players we have are a vast improvement on what we were signing in the recent past. There will be the success stories and the spectacular failures but overall I think we are going in the right direction and Jones will gell the team together, Milan will eventually sell the club, hopefully to buyers who will safeguard our aspirations.

We should not lose perspective, ask where were we three years ago and where are we now. One don't...Don't keep saying in 'Milan and Dave we trust', that is pure stupidity, it breeds apathy. Milan will always have a place in our hearts for what he did but Keep asking the awkward questions it's what keeps our club vibrant.

As for the OP question...I would like to see a rewrite with all information on tap.

Guest Bedders

Lee Strafford - Right man - Right Time

Milan Manderic - Right man - Right time

Megson - Right man - Right time

Dave Jones - Right man Right time

The path to success is right there above... we've enjoyed success recently simply (and ONLY) because for once we've got the right people in the right decision making places at exactly the right time.

That doesn't happen too often here at Sheffield Wednesday

We should encourage and support Dave Jones and put the past behind us because in Milan, Paul and Dave Jones we have a team definitely more than capable of taking onto the next level again, after work from Lee and Gary put us in the place where the cancer stopped, asses were kicked and we pushed on with passion and pride.

I agree with you Neil whole heartedly, but the one thing I wish DJ would do in interviews is not talk about his job as being custodian (he's dead right in what he says but whilst in that employment, footy fans want to hear more of 'US' or 'WE'). In fairness he does do this more now (the 'us' & 'we') but once or twice he's mentioned the custodian bit.

I suppose my criticism is that DJ is just a little too honest at times.

Edited by Bedders

Yes.

And my own thoughts. Are we not allowed thoughts/opinions - only hard facts?

Not at all. It becomes an issue though when things are repeated so often that they start to become fact for some people.

Lee Strafford said it, but also said he wasn't in the know. Even though he admittedly doesn't know, its something that carries more gravitas because of who said it. If Cardiff had written exactly the same post, it wouldn't have even registered.