Read this - agree or disagree ?

You didnt highlight, you deleted part of it

dont ask me anything, ask yourself, what do you think?

why did so many new signings simply disappear without kicking a ball?

did he and Megson have a ding dong then any promising or targeted new signings fail to appear?

I don't know. And, I don't know.

Can you provide details?

There are issues surrounding the confidentiality agreement of Megsons gardening leave which would show both Garry and Milan to be lacking in personal attributes. These issues may never be known but to the very select few.

However, Milan has shown that he will never spend a guinea where a pound will do. The pre season spend could have brought in different players with different skill sets but this would have still been problematic for Jones. Having to manage so much change in such a short time span would be difficult at the best of times.

The players we have are a vast improvement on what we were signing in the recent past. There will be the success stories and the spectacular failures but overall I think we are going in the right direction and Jones will gell the team together, Milan will eventually sell the club, hopefully to buyers who will safeguard our aspirations.

We should not lose perspective, ask where were we three years ago and where are we now. One don't...Don't keep saying in 'Milan and Dave we trust', that is pure stupidity, it breeds apathy. Milan will always have a place in our hearts for what he did but Keep asking the awkward questions it's what keeps our club vibrant.

As for the OP question...I would like to see a rewrite with all information on tap.

I almost fully agree with your post, but without sounding argumentative its a genuine question, why did we have to have such a drastic change of personnel, i know about the transfer window etc, im not saying we shouldnt have signed them all, but could we not have had a more gradual integration, as for the rest of it, for what my opinions worth i 100% agree

For me it started off well and I agreed, I was unsure about Megson when he was appointed. But I think he did a fantastic job, probably the best man to do the job that needed doing. Then it all got a bit emotional for me. Is there any evidence of the public bust up between MM and GM. Whether we like it or not we were on a downward spiral before the derby, would we have got back on track after that win? We'll never really know, but the performance against Rochdale before DJ took over suggests not and I personally think we would have missed out on automatic promotion under GM. DJ brought in Treacey and Ranger and although Antonio came for GMs last game, we don't know if he came because GM was leaving or not. These 3 players for me were the difference between us getting promotion and not, also the players played with more freedom under DJ than they did under GM

Guest totemowl

Are you 100% sure thats not because one is a Wednesdayite and wants only the best he can get, and the other simply isn't

No, I'm expressing an opinion. But are you and Reading 100% sure that Jones will 'accept it' - being dictated to by MM etc, 100% of the time.

I rather think Jones will negotiate, just as Megson did before him. I also suspect Jones will be more careful than Megson not to burn bridges.

Megson undoubtedly knew the club better than Jones. This may have led to him resisting MM more when it came to setting direction and policy.

Dont usally post but was having a disscussion about this at work ealier this week. What seems to be forgotten is that megson went on a good run (think it was one defeat in 14 tho not sure) before xmas and before we lost marshall. Our form picked up again wen we finally replaced him with antonio so theres no reason why we wont have gone a simular run under megson as we did with jones at the end of the season has we had gone on a good run and played some good stuff earlier in the season.

Are you sure about that??? Last few games until Hull have looked very much like HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF ball to me!

Hull was one up front & quite negative......

So i repeat the question.....are you sure?

You're talking about what 4 or 5 games out of how many? Jones ideal philosophy is open attacking football with two wingers, it got us up and out but sadly has left us too open so we've had to become dull.

How many actually read this whole way through ? I did interesting article! For me megson was king! the kissing of the badge the passion for the club an the fact when at the time united had splashed the cash built a strong side we win 1-0 an played really well. Nothing I could have said or done in order to keep him at s6 dave took over with really not much needed to do. We get promotion we start life in championship we have yet to keep a clean sheet or gel as a team with high spirits there is a big connection that I feel dave doesn't belong here. He has the credentials on paper but no heart megson would have had all his passion driven into the players. Would have been interesting to see how this season turned out with megson in charge.......... Just my voice of opinion cheers a million for everything ginger mouriniho

Well at the time, thats exactly as i felt, i've had dogs abuse on here for suggesting that if MM had backed Megson in January with only half the enthusiasm that he's backed DJ we would never have been behind the piggies in the first place, in fact it was possible we could have actually won the league, the fact that some signings disappeared quicker than Jimmy Saviles headstone proved to me there was meddling by the owner in signings and footballing matters, the team spirit at the time plus Marshall and Antonio would have been unstoppable, plus anyone with half a brain could see there had been a fall out big style between MM and GM and when MM came out about the sacking and said it was for footballing reasons then he lied, that left a bitter taste for me, i'm no Megson fan, i didn't rate him too much as a player, he did well with a limited amount of talent, and the few times iv'e been in his company i've found him to be a bit dull, but what he did on a small budget after taking over from Irvine was nothing short of incredible, as for DJ i neither like or dislike him as a man, but its my opinion that longterm given the same resources, Megson would have been a better bet than Jones as a Wednesday manager

here, here...

the main tools in our promotion push was...

a) a set of big guys, outstandingly good at set pieces...

b) marshall's ball skills, and antonio's pace, and had they been allied together as megson wanted, then injuries allowing, i also think we'd have won the division, and filled s6 sooner than the last game...

c) i believe i started a post around the start of the season, asking did people think that given megson's tactic's, (and the size of player he was attracted to) would we fare better in this division under him than jones...AT PRESENT THAT WOULD WITHOUT DOUBT BE A RESOUNDING YES...

c) teamwork and organisation...

d) effort...

e) morale, though morale was high under jones last season, i very much doubt it is now, and can only be conjecture if i were to say i think it would be higher under megson...

yes, megson brought ALL the above, but, jones released them to play with more freedom...

it's a freedom that appears to be a major tool in our appalling run now...

so overall, who's the better manager? MEGSON for me, though if jones gets us out of this mess (of his own building, i might add), i might have to raise him higher than the ginger mourhino...

Oh right. So you're saying we didn't sign Marshall because Milan had personal issues with Megson.

Not that Leicester offered championship football?

i honestly think that had megson been able to secure antonio in the early winter (november time), to play on the opposite wing to marshall, that would have seen us with more points at christmas, and higher up the table...

with us being guaranteed championship football the following season, i think that the decision that marshall agonised over for some time before going to leicester, could well have gone in our favour...

i honestly think that had megson been able to secure antonio in the early winter (november time), to play on the opposite wing to marshall, that would have seen us with more points at christmas, and higher up the table...

with us being guaranteed championship football the following season, i think that the decision that marshall agonised over for some time before going to leicester, could well have gone in our favour...

you make the point so much better than i do, but its the same message i was trying to convey, it comes as no surprise that i agree 100%

Guest insideowl

well not entirely hypothetical, we were in front of the piggies at christmas as Marshalls loan came to an end, we were even catching Charlton, what is hypothetical is if we'd have kept him and maybe added Antonio who megson had identified for the window, would we have stayed in that position

we'd also be a LOT better off now!

Marshall now a england u21

Le fondre now a premiership player

2 players Megson desperatly wanted, 2 players Megson seemed confident we could get... now look at them!

Guest totemowl

we'd also be a LOT better off now!

Marshall now a england u21

Le fondre now a premiership player

2 players Megson desperatly wanted, 2 players Megson seemed confident we could get... now look at them!

IF!

This debate is starting to look a bit silly and rather pointless now.

There were no guarantees IF anything different had happened. Just the reality of what did happen and what is happening now.

(I'm 100% sure of that).

You think we would have sealed promotion by the end of the January transfer window?

No of course not...

but i do think that with the added fire power that marshall and antonio would bring would have put us on a huge run way earlier...

free of injuries i'd easily expect us to win automatic, and i would have been hugely disappointed had we not reigned charlton in, (though they did end up being worthy winners).

i expect the better results would have seen more income from the gate receipts...

and as a final note, i saw danny green for charlton the other week, he looks a right handful even in this division, (didn't megson want him too???)...