Read this - agree or disagree ?

Guest darryl9999

A good read Neil. On a slightly different tack, given that Milan wants to sell sooner rather than later, what I would like to know is; where are all these "secret" consortiums of wealthy Wednesdayites that wanted the club to be owned by supporters They were all MASSIVEly keen on buying the club when it was nigh on impossible for them to do so and the amount of chest beating increased day by day but, now that it would be a relatively easy transaction, they are nowhere to be seen or heard.

Well at the time, thats exactly as i felt, i've had dogs abuse on here for suggesting that if MM had backed Megson in January with only half the enthusiasm that he's backed DJ we would never have been behind the piggies in the first place, in fact it was possible we could have actually won the league, the fact that some signings disappeared quicker than Jimmy Saviles headstone proved to me there was meddling by the owner in signings and footballing matters, the team spirit at the time plus Marshall and Antonio would have been unstoppable, plus anyone with half a brain could see there had been a fall out big style between MM and GM and when MM came out about the sacking and said it was for footballing reasons then he lied, that left a bitter taste for me, i'm no Megson fan, i didn't rate him too much as a player, he did well with a limited amount of talent, and the few times iv'e been in his company i've found him to be a bit dull, but what he did on a small budget after taking over from Irvine was nothing short of incredible, as for DJ i neither like or dislike him as a man, but its my opinion that longterm given the same resources, Megson would have been a better bet than Jones as a Wednesday manager

Good post.

But all hypothetical.

But I did like Megson. Still do.

Guest intercity0wl

While every request he made to Mandaric for serious investment and the odd permanent transfer that would make the difference between automatic promotion and the lottery of the play offs, were rejected.

And this IMO is how it still is, young Kids and average signings who are mainly on a free or for a very modest outlay, I honestly believe that some of those brought in are not who DJ would have aquired if he had been given the Backing he would undoubtedly have been promised, more that they are the best he could aquire with the sort of Finacial clout MM and PA have given him.

Dont get me wrong i am more than happpy with what MM has provided for, and to be watching Championship football this season, but i will not be too down hearted, or surprised if this season is one of toil and struggle, simply because the amount spent on quality aquisition by us, in what is now a quality filled league, is peanuts compared to some of our competitors.

MM has raised the expectation levels of Many Owls with his constant talk of backing "MY MANAGER" to repay "MY SUPPORTERS", but sadly its DJ who is now getting the flack, because those expectations are not being met, when maybe, just maybe, somebody else should be being asked a few questions.

Promotion may not have come this season. But they would have been in the play offs and, with Megson at the helm, I would have fancied Wednesday to win any play off final.

This is the only part i disagree with. We would have gone on a better run with Megson as manager rather than jones coming in and therefore got automatic anyway.

How can you possibly know that?

Our run leading up to the Sheffield United game would suggest the complete opposite (I know we got Antonio in).

Didn't Jones only drop 4pts last season?!?!

And this IMO is how it still is, young Kids and average signings who are mainly on a free or for a very modest outlay, I honestly believe that some of those brought in are not who DJ would have aquired if he had been given the Backing he would undoubtedly have been promised, more that they are the best he could aquire with the sort of Finacial clout MM and PA have given him.

I have my suspicions with both Megson and Jones.

That is why I won't get involved in the 'sack Jones' campaign.

I have no idea what or who is responsible - for instance, the sidelining of O'Grady.

Was that really a Jones decision?

Good post.

But all hypothetical.

But I did like Megson. Still do.

well not entirely hypothetical, we were in front of the piggies at christmas as Marshalls loan came to an end, we were even catching Charlton, what is hypothetical is if we'd have kept him and maybe added Antonio who megson had identified for the window, would we have stayed in that position

well not entirely hypothetical, we were in front of the piggies at christmas as Marshalls loan came to an end, we were even catching Charlton, what is hypothetical is if we'd have kept him and maybe added Antonio who megson had identified for the window, would we have stayed in that position

Quite possibly, but we didn't.

So you feel recruitment, or lack thereof at the crucial time, was the reason for Megson's side slump?

Why can't such logic apply Jones now?

Not trying to have a go by the way, just asking a few questions.

So you feel recruitment, or lack thereof at the crucial time, was the reason for Megson's side slump?

But, the fact is we don't know, probably never will.

What we do know (or can guess) is that Megson wouldn't be dictated to - not totally, but i bet he accepted some interference, until it became too much. Hence, the parting of the ways.

But, will Jones accept it?

Highly likely IMO.

If Jones got promotion on the back of Megsons signings, get Megson back as head scout.

Also get Chris Turner back, because Sturrock got promotion using mostly his team.

I suppose you can make any argument plausible and fit.

TBH - I don't know anymore.

But the fact is Jones got us promoted. All the rest are hypotheticals.

Not worth anything really?

not only do i feel it, i believe it with all my heart, just look at the timing of the slump, look at the targets Megson identified and who we actually signed,

As for Jones, im not sure what you mean about applying the same logic

What we do know (or can guess) is that Megson wouldn't be dictated to - not totally, but i bet he accepted some interference, until it became too much. Hence, the parting of the ways.

Highly likely IMO.

If I was the manager and MM started interfering in team affairs I know what i would do - try and get the sack and make him pay up my contract. Would serve him right.

Highly likely IMO.

100% correct in my opinion

Guest totemowl

If I was the manager and MM started interfering in team affairs I know what i would do - try and get the sack and make him pay up my contract. Would serve him right.

That's selfish. I know exactly what you are saying but I don't think either Megson threw or Jones is throwing himself under the axe. I think in both cases they have too much pride and interest in getting things right.

As for other comments that Megson didn't accept MM's 'reluctance to spend' or interference, his mistake was to blow his top. I'm sure DJ is just as certain about what he needs, but has a longer fuse and is as prepared as Megson to overcome whatever shortcomings are sent his way.

It isn't in any of their interests to short change themselves so that we don't get into the premiership.

I tell you what though...it isn't that long ago that we had stinky flapss in charge who cared for nothing other than their own ego and power and were willing to see us go into administration to keep their positions...anything that has happened after that, including losing a few games, has been positive as we have real football men running the club and a chairman who wants success for us instead of suing fans for daring to question the regime at the club...that's progress

Guest totemowl

For Megsons sacking and trying to influence team selection, for not backing megson in the market because of personal issues?

of course, who else do you think is to blame - FOR US GETTING PROMOTED

That's selfish. I know exactly what you are saying but I don't think either Megson threw or Jones is throwing himself under the axe. I think in both cases they have too much pride and interest in getting things right.

As for other comments that Megson didn't accept MM's 'reluctance to spend' or interference, his mistake was to blow his top. I'm sure DJ is just as certain about what he needs, but has a longer fuse and is as prepared as Megson to overcome whatever shortcomings are sent his way.

It isn't in any of their interests to short change themselves so that we don't get into the premiership.

Are you 100% sure thats not because one is a Wednesdayite and wants only the best he can get, and the other simply isn't