whats everyones starting 11? and why?

Kirkland

Buxton, Llera, Gardiner, new emergency loan left back with intelligence and pace (cant succeed in this division without good fullbacks - I would ensure Kieran Lee builds his confidence for next season when he should be trying to replace Buxton).

McCabe, Semedo, Barkley (ask Barkley to sit alongside and keep a disciplined three across the middle until we have the ball so we don't over expose our fullbacks, then let him go forward when we have the ball)

Antonio, Bothroyd, Rodri (wouldn't have signed Bothroyd cause he is too laid back but he is much better quality than other options up top, Rodri's position at BarcaB was left forward......... - would have JJ & Madine warming up pretty much all game).

I think DJ bottled it by not sticking with Bothroyd up top, playing him on the left on Saturday killed all momentum.

It's easy sitting and typing innit? :-)

Regards

Lee

The only thing wrong with yesterdays starting 11 was that in selection Jones thought Jay could do a better job out wide than JJ. In tactics that he thought we could carry the game to Hull with one up front.

The reason he had five spread across the middle was for cover and posession, all he to do is play four across the middle and instruct Barkley to get some ferkin running and closing down done off the ball. Yeah the kid is so obviously gifted but if he aint going to do the running he is a luxury we can't afford.

This may be a precursor to Jones working Semedo out of the side. To be honest I'm becoming pi55ed off with Jones wrapping up his personality battles in football terminology.

Leave Semedo out if you think McCabe and Barkley can do the Job but make sure they, Barkley inparticular, are going to do the required ammount of working back.

Kirkland

Buxton, Llera, Gardiner, new emergency loan left back with intelligence and pace (cant succeed in this division without good fullbacks - I would ensure Kieran Lee builds his confidence for next season when he should be trying to replace Buxton).

McCabe, Semedo, Barkley (ask Barkley to sit alongside and keep a disciplined three across the middle until we have the ball so we don't over expose our fullbacks, then let him go forward when we have the ball)

Antonio, Bothroyd, Rodri (wouldn't have signed Bothroyd cause he is too laid back but he is much better quality than other options up top, Rodri's position at BarcaB was left forward......... - would have JJ & Madine warming up pretty much all game).

I think DJ bottled it by not sticking with Bothroyd up top, playing him on the left on Saturday killed all momentum.

It's easy sitting and typing innit? :-)

Regards

Lee

Depends what you're typing, no mention of how to compensate in your line up of how to compensate for Barkley leaving open gates all over te pitch.

Depends what you're typing, no mention of how to compensate in your line up of how to compensate for Barkley leaving open gates all over te pitch.

Nev

In my notes I said I would ask Barkley to sit in a proper three until we had won the ball........

Regards

Lee

Kirkland

Buxton--Llera--Gardner--Reda

Antonio--McCabe--Semedo--Barkley--JJ

Bothroyd

Subs

Bywater

Mattock/Lee

Taylor

Lines

Mayor

O'Grady

Rodri

Soz Kivo, but you're totally off the ball here.

Bothroyd up front?!?! You must be having a giraffe! He's the laziest striker at S6 in a long time, nor does the 4-5-1 formation works for us.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I stopped reading this thread after the first few guys said drop Antonio......WTF drop our only threat! I swear that some of you know nothing about football!

The problem for me is, although we've signed some very good players, however hard I try, I can't make a balanced side from this squad Just when I think I've got the defensive side right, the attacking part of the side looks wrong and vice versa. Hardly surprising then that in reality, this is what seems to be happening. It seems ridiculous to say after signing more than a dozen players, but in my opinion, we are at least two players short of being able to field a decent side

Has to be 442

Kirkland

Buxton/Lee Taylor Gardener Reda/Mattock

Antonio McCabe Barkley JJ

Bothroyd Rodri

Only problem here is you're going with two out and out (right footed) wingers so you could say it's actually a 4-2-4 (DJ has done the same thing btw). This is leaving our full backs exposed when we don't have the ball as the two wingers (especially Antonio) don't always track back.

Until we stop conceding so many goals I would go with a 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 formation.

---------------------Kirkland------------------------

Lee---------Buxton--------Gardner----------Reda

-------------Semedo-------McCabe-----------------

JJ-----------------Barkley-----------------Antonio

----------------------COG------------------------------

Edited by York_Owl

The problem for me is, although we've signed some very good players, however hard I try, I can't make a balanced side from this squad Just when I think I've got the defensive side right, the attacking part of the side looks wrong and vice versa. Hardly surprising then that in reality, this is what seems to be happening. It seems ridiculous to say after signing more than a dozen players, but in my opinion, we are at least two players short of being able to field a decent side

Someone like Treacy would give us a lot more balance on the left

More balance down the left, yes for sure. Also if you are going to play with just the one up front, they might need to be more prolific than COG. Thats not knocking him by the way, its just he isn't really suited to be the single attacker. This is another issue, 5 strikers who all have their merits, but there isn't a decent partnership amongst them Another striker is a must in my opinion

More balance down the left, yes for sure. Also if you are going to play with just the one up front, they might need to be more prolific than COG. Thats not knocking him by the way, its just he isn't really suited to be the single attacker. This is another issue, 5 strikers who all have their merits, but there isn't a decent partnership amongst them Another striker is a must in my opinion

Been far too many changes for a strike partnership to have a chance to develop to be fair. I would play COG with another playing a bit deeper but not so remotely as Bothroyd was deployed on Saturday.