Just got back

Thought we were ok today

Good in first half, went behind because of a 'special' referee

Second half no urgency and couldn't get on the ball

Gardner, Antonio, Bothroyd, Mattock, JJ all had decent games.

Just need to get the correct balance and we'll be fine.

Oh and we also should have had a penalty 100% nailed on

Edited by EcclesallOwl

Guest foreverSWFC

Replays of the penalty at half time suggested to me it could have gone either way. If Antonio fell over straight away we would have got it.

Guest Nejc_Pe�nik

I thought the ref was good. He took the free kick way too early...the ref was sorting the wall out. It's not his fault our defence can't defend.

I only managed to see the second half online.

I was really impressed by JJ. Don't want him to play there again but he did a fine disciplined job.

Liked Mayor when he came on.

Wolves looked really good in posession and made it very hard when we had the ball. They didn't threaten too much but then they didn'y need to chase the game. We didn't have any cutting edge.

Not too disappointed with the second half display against a good side after the last few games.

We don't need the cry babies getting on anybody's back and we don't need the boo boys.

UTO

Replays of the penalty at half time suggested to me it could have gone either way. If Antonio fell over straight away we would have got it.

Was saying earlier I think we need to get a bit cuter. 2nd half think it was Pecnic won the ball just ouside their box good clean tackle Wolves player dropped like a sack of spuds result free kick to them

Wow - at last a thread with people who are talking complete sense!

I thought that we looked for more solid today and defended well throughout the team. Although the defence has been given loads of grief lately, I think one of the major problems was that the midfield weren't doing their jobs defensively which put loads of pressure on the back 4. So today with 5 across midfield we actually looked a lot harder to break down - although, against a team with a good defensive unit with Prem experience meant that we didn't show much going forward. But I feel that we're on to something with this system. Once Buxton/Lee are fit, JJ can get back to where he is the most dangerous. Plus when Lines/McCabe are fit I think we'll see more creativity from Midfield.

Today I thought all the back 4 looked good, even Taylor and Mattock, and JJ did a remarkably good job against a very good player. Semedo looked more comfortable todayalthough I think that Pecnik and Barkley both struggled a bit against clever, experienced midfielders. Antonio ran his socks off but looks low on confidence and O'Grady put in a shift but didn't really threaten much out wide. For O'Grady to work in this position you need a Treacy style winger on the other wing to whip balls into the back stick. Bothroyd again didn't get much service, but I think we need to try some other option upfront next game - but who? Madine, Maguire and Rodri not exactly setting the world alight when they get their chance. Finally I thought that Mayor look good when he came on and showed a nice touch and. Made a couple of good attacking runs. Even put in a good shift defensively which I didn,t expect from him.

Overall, let's stop panicking, get behind the lads and the manager and be positive. I bet that if any pig fans are reading this forum they'll be weeing themselves - some of the comments and after-game reactions from some on here are embarrassing. Let's all hold our heads up high and start to support the lads out there in the blue and white - because we are the MASSIVE and THIS CITY IS OURS!

So today with 5 across midfield we actually looked a lot harder to break down...

How hard were Wolves trying to break us down though after they took the lead? The number of times they were just lazily passing the ball around whilst our midfield stood and watched them was depressing. It had the effect of reducing the number of chances they had, but it had an even more telling effect on the number we had. It was almost as if both teams were happy at 1-0.

How hard were Wolves trying to break us down though after they took the lead? The number of times they were just lazily passing the ball around whilst our midfield stood and watched them was depressing. It had the effect of reducing the number of chances they had, but it had an even more telling effect on the number we had. It was almost as if both teams were happy at 1-0.

They were trying before they scored and they couldn't, which restricted them to shooting outside the box every time.

Of course they were trying to break us down. Do you really think they just wanted to play keep ball? Is that what Barca do when they make 50 passes before scoring a goal? It's called being patient and not giving the ball away and waiting for the time to play that killer pass or get a yard of space.

Of course they were trying to break us down. Do you really think they just wanted to play keep ball? Is that what Barca do when they make 50 passes before scoring a goal? It's called being patient and not giving the ball away and waiting for the time to play that killer pass or get a yard of space.

No one is suggesting that they intended to play the last hour doing nothing but keeping the ball. Stop being so binary about it. But it is undeniable that they were able to indulge in doing precisely that numerous times for lengthy spells. Several times, they even stood still, such was the lack of pressure on the man with the ball.

Thought we were ok today

Good in first half, went behind because of a 'special' referee

Second half no urgency and couldn't get on the ball

Gardner, Antonio, Bothroyd, Mattock, JJ all had decent games.

Just need to get the correct balance and we'll be fine.

Oh and we also should have had a penalty 100% nailed on

Have we been to the same match!!!

Nice to see a thread where people are posting their own objective thoughts rather than opinions that have been heavily biased by their disappointment of losing.

Soundd like there are positives to be drawn.

Let's face it, with a different ref it could easily have been a different result.

I think if we had got that penalty decision it would have been a very different story. From what I saw of the game, and what I've just seen on the football league show, Wolves had to resort to a few long range efforts and the defence didn't look as calamitous as it has in recent weeks.

The goal was poor from the wall, didn't expect Semedo of all people to turn his back on a low shot like that, straight through his legs leaving Kirkland with no chance.

Probably going to get slated for having an opinion because I didn't go, but is all the mass hysteria justified given there was obvious improvements? Fair enough, it doesn't look like we created much after the first half an hour, but we were away from home to a Wolves side with Premier League players on the back of 5 defeats? No shame in a 1-0 loss if you ask me. Lets see what next week brings.

The goal was poor from the wall, didn't expect Semedo of all people to turn his back on a low shot like that, straight through his legs leaving Kirkland with no chance.

It wasn't good that the wall allowed itself to be pulled open so easily, but it's silly to blame Semedo for not blocking a shot blasted at him from ten yards away.