DJ's strongest line up

Whatever your opinion of him may be do you seriously think Taylor would not feature in DJ's preferred 18? :st2:

Mis-read the OP....DOHHH !

DJ's strongest Team

Kirkland

Buxton

Mattock

Taylor

Gardner

Lines

McCabe

Antonio

Barkley

Bothroyd

Rhodri

Subs

Bywater

Beevers

Llera

Corry

JJ

Maguire

Madine

I dont think he rates Reda, Semedo, Llera or Madine

Edited by paddyowl

Why play Barkley out wide?

He is a CM play him in his best position, never been a winger.

No one said he would be played as winger, but as wide midfielder, position that he played very well before.

McCabe must play, and him and Barkley together at CM will allways leave as very open, and fragile through the middle.

We don't have left winger (or left sided wide midfielder) right now that I'm very happy about. JJ is inconsistant, and perhaps better as an impact substitute, while it will take a lot of adjusting for Pecnik to be considered an asset at this level.

With Barkley out wide (compared to two I mentioned above), it will help us keep ball a lot better, and prospect of him beating his man, and cutting inside on that fantastic right boot is mouth watering.

If you ask me only other way we could set this midfield, that would made sense is how Huddersfield did (they are doing very well so far), and who have very similar profile of their CM's in Norwood and Clayton.

They gave them freedom to support attack, create and have a go at goal when they can by playing Southern in that deep defensive role, covering their back and tracking down runners from midfield.

I believe that Barkley and McCabe have sooo much creative potential, and would certainly create some good chances, and be more dangeures themselves if we set to play this way. Semedo seems as an obvious choice in that defensive role behind them, and could really shine in said position.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

........Bywater...........

Buxton llera Gardener Reda

Antonio McCabe Semedo Barkley

COG Bothroyd

Mark my words...

Edited by Briscoe Inferno

---------------------KIRKLAND----------------------

BUXTON---LLERA---GARDNER---MATTOCK

---------------------SEMEDO-----------------------

---------------MCCABE---BARKLEY--------------

ANTONIO------------------------------J.JOHNSON

---------------------BOTHROYD--------------------

Suspect Jones would prefer Taylor to Llera at the back. This should make us a bit stronger through the middle but Antonio and JJ would need to get close to Bothroyd and support.

At home we could look at swapping Semedo for Rhodri or similar and playing 4-2-3-1, with him centrally off the front man.

I think DJ's strongest line up in his head would be different to mine.

For Wolves I would play....

--------------- Kirkland

Lee --- Taylor --- Gardner --- Mattock

------- Semedo --- McCabe

Antonio ----- Barkley ----- J. Johnson

--------------- O'Grady

I think ultimately Bothroyd will do the job up top on his own perfectly fine, he's a good player, but I think he needs to be taken out of the firing line for a bit because the vitriol he's been receiving will not be doing him any good at all.

I would also give Taylor another game to make a big improvement. He's been a good player all his career and he came to us off the back of a very good season with Watford last year in this division. He's had a shocker of a start but I think time and patience is needed and we need a settled back four.

I'd also play Mattock in his best position. Again, he came to us off the back of a very good loan spell playing left back for a good Brighton side. They wanted to keep him, but we've got him. He deserves a chance to show us what he can do in his best position.

I think the rest of the side is playing in there best positions.

However, I can't see Dave Jones playing the above system or the above players because quite frankly I don't think he knows what his best team is yet.

Edited by BRADDAZ

----------------------------------Kirkland-----------------------------------

Buxton-------------Llera--------------------Gardener--------Mattock/Lee

---------------------Reda------------------Mcabe/Semedo--------------------

JJ/Antonio----------------Barkley/Pecnic-------------------------Rodri

-------------------------------Bothroyd--------------------------------------

Also for anyone who saw my post about how I don't think Semedo can cut it at this level week in week out, and slated me for it, and are now posting team line ups without Semedo in them....flip YOU!!

It depends whether you are picking what you think is the strongest or what you think DJ prefers . Also as of today Barkley would be in it for me.

I would go

Kirkland

Buxton

Llera

Gardener

Reda

Semedo

Barkley

McCabe

Antonio

Bothroyd

O'Grady

I would play it as 433 with COG playing wide, as he would be more likely to hold the ball than JJ , he is quite mobile and has played wide in a 433 before.

I think this gives us the right mix of solidity with 3 in midfield , and also a goal threat, especially with Reda and Llera in the back 4.

I am now thinking that playing 442 with a second striker such as Rodri, Pecnik or Maguire is not going to win us games.

I know DJ does not seem to agree but I would include players like Reda, Llera, Semedo and COg cos to me when they play we have more spirit in the team.

Edited by oldishowl

COG has shown this season that if he gets the ball to feet he can do something with it . It was Megson that played him as a target man which he ain't. I would not play him as a winger , but as a wide striker.

Watch Udders and see how they play Ward, Vaughan and Novak. Ward plays as a winger, Vaughan plays up top while Novak floats about between supporting Vaughan and playing a bit wider. This allows tham to play 3 central midfield players who make them solid. They don't play two out and out wingers cos that would leave the striker isolated.

We could quite easily do the same with Antonio , Bothroyd and COG.

Edited by oldishowl

Guest Briscoe Inferno

O'Grady wide is maddness. I like the bloke but he has zero technical ability. Holds the ball up well but can only ever ever ever ever ever play as a striker.

It takes a huge amount of ability to make the ball stick and score the range of goals he does - diving headers, shots from range, sheilding it and swivelling in the 6 yard box.

he has a different skillset to Bothroyd and theoretically , the two should compliment each other - however Jones has yet to play them in this way and until he does in a competitive match , we shall never know.

Not bad for a supporting role....

And I am not convinced as OO said above that we should play Antonio and JJ in the same side - we need someone who can hit the consistently target when in space in or around the 18 yard box.

Edited by Briscoe Inferno

Wolves will be

lee Taylor Gardner Reda

Corry Semedo

Antionio Rodri Pecknik

COG

Rodri had his best game at Blackburn linking play up and playing of Cogs hold up play. We dont need channel running forward just a battering ran to allow wingers and deep lying forward to get into the game.

Corry is my worry and I think we need some type of physical box to box player who can play next to Semedo

Mccabe will be out for at least a month, I am just recovering from a double torn thigh muscle and been out for 5 months and you can not rush it as it will go again

I think rodri is a small guy well obv lol would be better him upfront decent wingers to get ball into him good with his feet an skill optionsto score... as i feel not much pace from little legs opposition tackle him easy orhe stumbles ... fr me play cog rodri up front jj an antonio on wingsdelivering in llera reda in defence i feel are great at thier best getting right combo an we are off to a flyer exciting times for me lads lol