martin taylor

Guest Massiveowl

Guest Massiveowl

**** off about Taylor, nobody cares wheteher you think he's w4nk based on a couple of games.

asking for your opinions on him everyone is touchy on this forum recently can't even have a talk about opinions on players lol

Come here with some incredible testaments from the watford fans. after leaving watford, and leaving Zola gutted, watford conceded 4. it is apparent he was their linchpin and the back. for that reason, I am more than happy to give him more than 2 games to prove himself.

I will admit it's easy to think otherwise, but I feel the similarity to purse, in his appearance, recent games and the way in which he has been granted captaincy immediately, has only lended itself to spark those horrible memories of that season once again in the mind's of Owls fans.

Come here with some incredible testaments from the watford fans. after leaving watford, and leaving Zola gutted, watford conceded 4. it is apparent he was their linchpin and the back. for that reason, I am more than happy to give him more than 2 games to prove himself.

I will admit it's easy to think otherwise, but I feel the similarity to purse, in his appearance, recent games and the way in which he has been granted captaincy immediately, has only lended itself to spark those horrible memories of that season once again in the mind's of Owls fans.

I think a huge difference is though, that Purse came from a club at the same level as us and Cardiff's fans told us he was knackered and not good enough.

Taylor comes from a club at the same level as us and Watford's fans have told us that he is still a very good defender at Championship level.

Guest Massiveowl

So apparently he's the new Darren Purse... according to you this is an impartial opinion on him? Just keep slagging them off, boo Bothroyd as well, why not.

you pmsing ?

flippinghope Llera gets picked & has a reight stormer personally! Corners that beat the first man & passing into midfield rather than OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Fingers, toes, n anything Ive got cossed Llera has a stormer if he's picked.

Please let 'football' be the winner.....not 'oof ball.

Edited by Bedders

Guest Bald Owl

If the Watford fans speak so highly of him then so be it but surely he wasn't that slow when he was there?

I think a huge difference is though, that Purse came from a club at the same level as us and Cardiff's fans told us he was knackered and not good enough.

Taylor comes from a club at the same level as us and Watford's fans have told us that he is still a very good defender at Championship level.

The point I was making is that it is easy to make a comparison on the two. and as Purse is the one who is seemingly similar at first glance had an absolutely torrid time with us, it is easy to then think Taylor will be no better seeing as he has these easy comparisons to make to Purse.

The point I was making is that it is easy to make a comparison on the two. and as Purse is the one who is seemingly similar at first glance had an absolutely torrid time with us, it is easy to then think Taylor will be no better seeing as he has these easy comparisons to make to Purse.

Yeah, I understand that you're pointing out the remarkable similarities (right down to physical appearance!) between the two.

I'm just keen, as you obviously are judging by the first paragraph in your original post, to give the lad a chance before we write him off.

Guest Massiveowl

He has not played very well so far but has played much better elsewhere prior to his last two games during his career.

If anybody can find a single fault with that assessment I'd be really impressed.

faultless right down to capitals and fullstops

Last defender who was dissmissed and called cr*p just few games into his Owls career was Michael Morrison. He did quite well since his move to Charlton, and was even selected in League One 'Team of The Year' if I'm remembering it right.

Give him bit of time, as he proved he is a class Championship defender.