martin taylor

Guest Massiveowl

Guest @DSapeyOwl

I suppose that could be different managers being able to get different things from the same player.

We have to trust DJ, he knows Llera and he will have been given the stats (he talked about how he was costing us too many goals so far this season).

If we've changed our style of play to suit this step up in leagues and Llera doesn't fit, then so be it, maybe he could make good in another championship team, but honestly, I feel his level is league one (always happy to be proven well and truly wrong tho!)

I'd like to think he'll prove you wrong but if Taylor and Gardner get on some form and start a good partnership I can't see Llera getting a first team place unless someone is injured. I hope to see DJ try him in another position in the CC or FA Cup to see if we can use his skills; Set pieces, distribution, goal scoring etc. Also he's god a good shot on him too so he could be tried in a different position. It kind of saddens me to remember he's 33 so he may not get a decent run nowadays

Guest @DSapeyOwl

Hopefully Beevers will continue his rehabilitation with us and play about 20 odd games this year as Gardner won't play every week. For a CB he's still a youngster. I reckon that DJ sees him as just behind Gardner and Taylor. He'll learn from them..... when they both settle in. I hope that he has a long future with us.

I could see Beevers being in our team more frequently this season. Either way I'm more than happy with him as cover for Taylor/Llera/Gardner

Come here with some incredible testaments from the watford fans. after leaving watford, and leaving Zola gutted, watford conceded 4. it is apparent he was their linchpin and the back. for that reason, I am more than happy to give him more than 2 games to prove himself.

I will admit it's easy to think otherwise, but I feel the similarity to purse, in his appearance, recent games and the way in which he has been granted captaincy immediately, has only lended itself to spark those horrible memories of that season once again in the mind's of Owls fans.

Maybe he did a kind of Faceoff with Darren Purse and now his mind is in Purse's head and we've got Purse back in Taylor's body, OMG no, but it would explain a lot.

I think if we all need to take a few minutes to calm down.

People are being illogical right now in regards to the ability of the man in question, Martin Taylor.

If we are going to really going to make conclusions on the aforementioned footballer's playing ability, then the most effective and factual way to do so is to check his stats on Football Manager.

Come on people, think.

I'm sure Taylor will turn out to be a good defender if our fans get off his back and give him a chance. People need to realise these players are only human and nerves are easily passed down from the stands to the pitch.

How many of you lot would like to have someone stand behind you at work all day shouting abuse and getting at you for every mistake. Get behind the lads and they'll come good uto

Guest beatleowl

If someone stood behind me fixing an airconditioning unit on a roof in the weeing down rain, booing me I can honestly say I would probably still fix it. Unless of course I was a bit rubbish at my job........

So apparently he's the new Darren Purse... according to you this is an impartial opinion on him? Just keep slagging them off, boo Bothroyd as well, why not.

sounds like a plan, no dout you'll rock up and defend him from the boo boys, or does your bravado only extend to abusing people with 80 odd posts, or do you think its funny to try to belittle people with less posts than yourself?

if Llera didn't score goals I'd sincerely doubt people would keep banging on about him as if he's our frigging saviour.

seriously, with have a massive issue with underdogs and wanting to creating fan favorites out of players the management clearly don't see as being in their current first team plans.

Also, why the heck do we only compare things on goals and glory things like corner taking and freekicks.

For instance, if taylor would have score no one would bang on about a mistake which wasn't that bad and should have been resolved a number of times in the seconds following it by any number of our players. but in reality when something is done right and well even, few people will comment on it, they will only comment if it goes wrong or well above expectations.

PS: there is a reason why llera has never commanded any transfer money in his career, never played in the championship for blackpool and was released from his contract before it was half up so we could get him for free in league 1... he's a league one player.

I seriously don't believe what I'm reading there.....are you on the wind up?

So you thought Nigel Pearson was shyte then did you? 12 goals in one season was it...........

Take them 12 goals out of that season n take another look where we would have finished......

What's the point in having ball playing midfielders if you belt it up from the back to the centre forward & bypass them.....

Edited by Bedders

So you thought Nigel Pearson was shyte then did you? 12 goals in one season was it...........

I was talking about llera, not Pearson nor any other player for that matter.

What's the point in having ball playing midfielders if you belt it up from the back to the centre forward & bypass them.....

I agree, but maybe it's tactical from DJ, maybe it's a lack of confidence in their fellow team members of maybe it's because they haven't had enough time to see how each other can work. We're talking about a player who hasn't had the benefit of a poor season with his club here. Give him a few more games.

People canned Gardner of at first, but seem to be staying to earn to him now (injuries aside).

I was talking about llera, not Pearson nor any other player for that matter.

I agree, but maybe it's tactical from DJ, maybe it's a lack of confidence in their fellow team members of maybe it's because they haven't had enough time to see how each other can work. We're talking about a player who hasn't had the benefit of a poor season with his club here. Give him a few more games.

People canned Gardner of at first, but seem to be staying to earn to him now (injuries aside).

You were on about goals scoring defenders..... coincidently Nigel Pearson came from the 2nd division & never commanded any decent transfer fees until he left Wednesday doesn't mean he was a shybo player.....far from it!

If your only judge of a player is their transfer fees they can command....I can 'bandy' words with you all day on here of big money transfers that have been garbage......Robiniho to Man City or even closer to home Francis Jeffers anyone!

It's the sum of the parts & how they fit together, not the individual & the 'price tag' !!!!!!!!

You were on about goals scoring defenders.....

If your only judge of a player is their transfer fees they can command....

No, I was talking only about Llera. Don't tell me what I wrote when it's there for all to see plus I never said transfer fees are the only method I would ever judge a player on

No, I was talking only about Llera. Don't tell me what I wrote when it's there for all to see plus I never said transfer fees are the only method I would ever judge a player on

"PS: there is a reason why llera has never commanded any transfer money in his career"

Well you never mentioned what other methods you judge them on......

Quote:- "PS: there is a reason why llera has never commanded any transfer money in his career"

Well you never mentioned what other methods you judge them on......

Feel free to enlighten us............

flippinghope Llera gets picked & has a reight stormer personally! Corners that beat the first man & passing into midfield rather than OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Fingers, toes, n anything Ive got cossed Llera has a stormer if he's picked.

Please let 'football' be the winner.....not 'oof ball.

rogering here, here!!!!!