Owls may extend Barkley loan

Guest intercity0wl

As this is a Youth Loan am I right in saying that this can pretty much go on indefinitely until the player's 21st birthday so long as the educational development of the player is ongoing in-line with the terms of his Academy contract?!

I've read the Football League rules (s.53(3)) through a couple of times and it doesn't seem to offer any other guidelines on the matter.

It states the max for Emergency Loans to be 93 days (as we all know) and that on a Youth Loan unless the player is actually training or playing a match, that particular day doesn't count towards the loan.

However it doesn't seem to stipulate a max loan length other than the player's 21st Birthday.

Can anyone confirm this either way please?

Very interesting to see a premiership manager noticing the level of our support and this (amongst others) been a key reason for letting his player come here.

This is soooo a smack in the face of past custodians of our club if you ask me too.

Now with MM, PA, DJ etc, we're been looked upon as a non premiership club who can bring their players development on with premiership'esque setup, support etc.

So nice to finally be appreciated in footballing matters outside of Sheffield.

if, buts and mights.

Good info OP. Clears up the confusion about why it was only a month. Guessing that was Moyles doing more than anything else.

What's it got to do with that fat t-wat?