Amado back to Portugal

But surely we aren't in the business of investing time and effort in scouting players, approaching them, bringing them on-board and announcing them on OS before then releasing them a matter of weeks later?? I'm sure you're right and that he just was never going to settle, but if he was next Ronaldo, I'm sure we would have tried a bit harder to get him to adjust?

Think the point is, staying would have guaranteed he wouldn't have become the next <insert player name> for us. So going back will give him the best chance of success. It's good we haven't kept him against his will, and might even help us secure more young talent in future when they see we look after players interests.

Edited by nebneeb

Guest wilyfox

didn't see that one coming. Diogo Amado - the best Sheffield Wednesday player never to play for Sheffield Wednesday. i shall miss his haircut. now we need a replacement; where's Regula...?

Edited by wilyfox

Guest wilyfox

officially, he may not have settled; but i reckon he simply wants to play football. he's 22, capped by Portugal up to and including U21 - was he likely to settle for our development squad?! McCabe is 2yrs younger, less experienced, and in the team. there may well be a difference in abilities, but Amado wont want to risk his own potential by spending the next two seasons on the fringes at S6.