Away Tickets this Season

Bit wet behind the ears when it comes to away tickets as I've only been to a handful of away games in my life.

Normally I can only afford to get to 15ish games a season and always tend to go to Hillsborough but after experiencing the atmos at Preston last year and Derby recently I was planning on changing tack this year and going to mainly away games. But as a non-season ticket holder and non-member am I setting mesen up for a lot of heartache here? I reckon I'll have no probs getting my Brighton (Brighton!) ticket on Monday but what are my chances of getting tickets to Saturday away games like Forest, Leeds, Hull, Leicester etc? Pretty dire?

If you intend on going to away games, get yourself a membership. Infact if you can't afford a season ticket but intend on going to most home and/or away games in general, get yourself a membership. It's £20, but that pays for itself over the course of a season with £2 discount per home game and priority for away tickets.

Membership does make a big difference in terms of getting away tickets. I have membership rather than a season ticket (I live away from Sheffield, and have to work evenings and some Saturdays), and I think the only games I couldn't get an away ticket to last season were Blunts and Huddersfield. I went to about eight or nine away games I think.

Little chance, but as SD says the membership might just scrape you into getting one if you are sharpish on the first morning for members.

Might have to look to midweek games.

Guest cw3753

Membership is the best option if like me you work the odd Saturday and cant get for a season ticket. Already saved a bundle on tickets.

Guest No One Likes Us

There will be plenty available for the game at The Den. You will be given 2,000 although I doubt you will sell them all.

It's a doddle for away supporters these days as there is cowards walk - a cage that runs from South Bermondsey station, directly to the away end. That way you don't even have to come in to contact with the natives, unless of course you choose to walk ;-)

Guest wednesday till i die

There will be plenty available for the game at The Den. You will be given 2,000 although I doubt you will sell them all.

It's a doddle for away supporters these days as there is cowards walk - a cage that runs from South Bermondsey station, directly to the away end. That way you don't even have to come in to contact with the natives, unless of course you choose to walk ;-)

oooooooooo scary

Guest PointlessOwl

Brighton tickets come on sale Tuesday for season ticket holders right?

They should make general sale!

You pwoppa nawty boi

Guest chapeltom

I'm having a ticket for the away game at the Den, regardless of when its played. (cos its FA Cup 5th Round day then) so could be midweek.

We'll sell out if were doing well in 5 and a half months time.

Im a member, joined for the first time last year. Was a great desicion. I got tickets for most of the games I wanted, but had to miss out on United, Chezzie, Hudds and Brentford. Basically if you see a thread on here showing pictures of a queue for the STs at the ticket office forget it.

But even some of the busier ones you have a chance, I normally go online at 10am on Thursday and it goes straight through. Theres none of the issues with website crashing because the numbers are much smaller.

I've optimistically chosen 13 1/2 away games this year I think I should get tickets for as a member. Basically that's all but Derby, Hudds, Leeds, Barnsley poss Forest. Not Blackpool or Middlesborough cos they're too bloody far for me and Peterborough was the half depending on how the season goes (last away). That's looking more unlikely with each performance.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

We took around 1,500 on our last visit to the Den, it won't sell out because too many are put off by it's reputation.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

i will be going to millwall away this season, wanna see what all the fuss is about

It's not as bad as people make out, been twice to the New Den and have come out unscathed both times, it can get hairy and the "cowards walkway" isn't the best place as you can get coined by those lovely little Millwall fans as the police kettle you in.

To the two who negged my earlier post, well done, i take it you've been then?

It's not as bad as people make out, been twice to the New Den and have come out unscathed both times, it can get hairy and the "cowards walkway" isn't the best place as you can get coined by those lovely little Millwall fans as the police kettle you in.

To the two who negged my earlier post, well done, i take it you've been then?

Never been to the new den but went a good few times to the 'old den' and believe me that was one hell of a hostile place.