Signings - times have changed

I have been admiring our new approach to signing players. They are you, talented and full of potential and we now have the right manager to spot and nurture talent.

I was speaking to a good mate who is a Palace fan today. Their chairman has criticised the clubs previous approach - one which resulted in administration. They used to run the club at a loss and make that up by selling their young talented players. This was so they could pay the inflated wages of players who were over thirty and worth virtually nothing. They are now looking to get rid of high earners and keep their young talent on long term sensible contracts.

I think a lot of clubs are doing the same and this is an approach we are following. It is one that creates a sustainable club with real value. A club with a future and a club with long term potential.

A great approach and one that deserves a thumbs up!

Guest Sniper1

Lee

Mattock

McCabe

Antonio

Maguire

Madine

Mayor

Amado

Not bad is it, looking good for the future and thats without any of the development squad.

Not just youth, but youth already with plenty of experience (some of which at this level already) and current abilities already high enough to compete against decent Championship sides - with the potential to get much better as the team progresses.

I have been admiring our new approach to signing players. They are you, talented and full of potential and we now have the right manager to spot and nurture talent.

I was speaking to a good mate who is a Palace fan today. Their chairman has criticised the clubs previous approach - one which resulted in administration. They used to run the club at a loss and make that up by selling their young talented players. This was so they could pay the inflated wages of players who were over thirty and worth virtually nothing. They are now looking to get rid of high earners and keep their young talent on long term sensible contracts.

I think a lot of clubs are doing the same and this is an approach we are following. It is one that creates a sustainable club with real value. A club with a future and a club with long term potential.

A great approach and one that deserves a thumbs up!

And such is the progress that we're no longer considered to be cretins.

This is undoubtabely the correct way to progress as a club...I fully trust DJ to bring in a mix of youth and experience....just hope there isn't an instant backlash if a few results dont go as hoped especially with expectations being so high...patience people please...we've been through all the poo pooe and come out the other side.....just dont expect it all to happen overnight!!! Cant bloomin wait for it all to unfold over the next few seasons!!! ....UTO !!! lol