The better League 1 promotion

Yep. Loved last season, ripping the heart out of the pigs and leaving them wallowing in the play offs of League 1, and then having them amazingly rumble up their chances at wembley. The Wycombe game was fantastic. 38,000 Wednesday fans congrugated at S6 was a sight to behold.

However, I still think the promotion against Hartlepool at the Millenium Stadium was better.

Guest GreenGoose

Disagree purely because I was only 14 at Cardiff and 21 against Wycombe.

It means so much more now, especially mugging the pigs off.

But surely last season was more about how the pigs rumble ed it up, rather than under Sturrock when we somehow got promoted?

But Megson got sacked after pigs game, DJ came in and we went unbeaten, not many teams can say that, funny thing is that both teams that got rid of their managers were placed in 3rd n 4th and both got promoted,

must suck being a pig :tango: :tango: :tango: :tango:

Effectively it was the same scenario, winner takes all and what better way to do it than on your home patch. Sadly I wasn't there (I was at Cardiff in '05) but I would still say this season's was better.

Guest Jpower

Cardiff was brillent will never forget it but last season taking it from the blunts carnt get any better than that

After beating em at The Fortress...."who cares? We're 5 points clear wi 2 games in hand"....nothin will ever beat wiping that smug look off their snouts!!

Until we are in premier league and they're playin the Dog n Duck in the Green un cup first round qualifier!!

I was in doubt throughout the season whether we'd win promotion, I wasn't sure what was going to happen because with Wednesday you never know! To win it at Uniteds expense was amazing. During 04-05 at time we didn't look like going up but played when it counted against Brentford and Hartlepool. Both promotions are as good as eachother for different reasons.. Wouldn't be able to pick one as more special than the other. In my opinion anyways.

I think this season comes second only to 1991

This

Cardiff was a wonderful day. But for me - last season had everything. Yes it was also the pigs that fecked it up - but the run we had was one of our best ever. We won promotion by being bloody good in the last 3 months.