Liquidation

With Portsmouth close to liquidation I can,t stop thinking this could have been us!!! They may have to start again in amateur football 7 leagues lower than us!!!

I get that we want to buy loads of good players but do we really want to go back to been days away from going out of existance ? After 20 years of near oblivion with big debts i think Milan has got it spot on and is spending wisely?!! We must never put our club in trouble again!!! long live Milan!!!!

With Portsmouth close to liquidation I can,t stop thinking this could have been us!!! They may have to start again in amateur football 7 leagues lower than us!!!

I get that we want to buy loads of good players but do we really want to go back to been days away from going out of existance ? After 20 years of near oblivion with big debts i think Milan has got it spot on and is spending wisely?!! We must never put our club in trouble again!!! long live Milan!!!!

Sorry do not Agree top half of the premiership or nothing at all. Spend

Guest Milan Mandaric - God

Couldn't agree more! хвала milan!

Surely fishing

No mate , I sincerely do not want Wednesday to sit in the championship and play it safe. Over my years of watching Wednesday I am sick of them playing safe. Remember invest in the stadium not the team blah, blah. Having a better stadium than man utd 25 years ago has really got us somewhere !

If man city go bust in 5 years time at least their fans will have had the memories, if they get put in league 7 they will be back just as rangers

Will be back aNd just as Wednesday will be back

No mate , I sincerely do not want Wednesday to sit in the championship and play it safe. Over my years of watching Wednesday I am sick of them playing safe. Remember invest in the stadium not the team blah, blah. Having a better stadium than man utd 25 years ago has really got us somewhere !

If man city go bust in 5 years time at least their fans will have had the memories, if they get put in league 7 they will be back just as rangers

Will be back aNd just as Wednesday will be back

Mental.

Sorry do not Agree top half of the premiership or nothing at all. Spend

But surely that's the view of about 50 clubs in the football league? There's only 10 positions in the top half of the Premiership of which about 7 are generally nailed on right now.

Tell you what, why don't you go and max out all your credit cards and become bankrupt. Least you can say you've had some good times doing so. No...didn't think so!

Guest zico sterland

MM knows the game,sold Pompey at the rite time,wont bankrupt the club for a season in the big time ala Sheff utd.We have to rebuild and will get there in the end withouut putting the club at risk.

Mental.

Well firstly I can assure you I am not mental.

What is the alternative to spending big, consolidation in the second flipping division!

I want Wednesday to go for it. Can you imagine being a City fan last year. Why do we have to accept that actually winning things is beyond us

But surely that's the view of about 50 clubs in the football league? There's only 10 positions in the top half of the Premiership of which about 7 are generally nailed on right now.

Tell you what, why don't you go and max out all your credit cards and become bankrupt. Least you can say you've had some good times doing so. No...didn't think so!

Do you understand the difference between a business and an individual. I am simply saying that I want Wednesday to compete for promotion not pray for a play off spot ant then compete in the epl not fight for survival what is your alternative

Well firstly I can assure you I am not mental.

What is the alternative to spending big, consolidation in the second flipping division!

I want Wednesday to go for it. Can you imagine being a City fan last year. Why do we have to accept that actually winning things is beyond us

City fans realized how lucky they were with their new owners and will never forget last season.

But to use that example as a reason to abandon caution is crazy.

We got rogered by the first Premiership bubble and it led to the brink of liquidation.

Learn from your mistakes

City fans realized how lucky they were with their new owners and will never forget last season.

But to use that example as a reason to abandon caution is crazy.

We got rogered by the first Premiership bubble and it led to the brink of liquidation.

Learn from your mistakes

I of course understand your point. But honestly Belfast i would sooner have 3 years fighting for trophies and then getting busted down the divisions than face the ' within budget ' existence that you are alluding too.

It's just my opinion but I have no preference between league 1 and championship football except the later is one step nearer where I want Wednesday to be

Guest Big Guns

errrrr most clubs aint got man citys owners for a start and they start to lose money they will be off like a shot.

With how much they spend on fees and wages surely they must be losing money all the time

I can't see how they can generate enough money to even break even .

Someone explain please....

Do you understand the difference between a business and an individual. I am simply saying that I want Wednesday to compete for promotion not pray for a play off spot ant then compete in the epl not fight for survival what is your alternative

My alternative is steady growth. Leicester had rich owners come in and throw money at players and they didn't even finish in the play-offs. Throwing money at the situation doesn't guarantee anything!

What you don't understand is that Mandaric is a business man and will spend as little as possible to get the best return from his investment. He'll then sell us for a profit when the time is right. We are not a hobby for him unfortunately like the owners of Chelsea and Man City.