Liquidation

the owners of leicester paid the money as a birthdau present for his son. his profits have been hit by 5 million a month because of the finicial poo poo that has been happening. he would rather teach his son punto, bring on owners like that. chenri(sp) couldnt belive kia pulled the wool over his eyes and wants to recoup his cash.... we could be the same.

the owners of leicester paid the money as a birthdau present for his son. his profits have been hit by 5 million a month because of the finicial poo poo that has been happening. he would rather teach his son punto, bring on owners like that. chenri(sp) couldnt belive kia pulled the wool over his eyes and wants to recoup his cash.... we could be the same.

Eh?

eh?

im just saying that leicester are favs for promotion but the club was a birthday present and daddy didnt know how muich it would cost. chenri bought pompy but got screwed by an agent and wants hes money back. we could be in the same boat but are lucky

They cant,hence the fake sponsorship deal they have come up with,{fake allegedely }.The biggest in the history of the premiership by far,sponsored by a company that is owned by there owner,from a family whos wealth makes Abramovich look like Oliver Twist.So with this great deal they can suddenley break even lol'

I read an article recently about the supposed 'dodgy' dealing of the sponsorship of City. Actually though, when you look at the details of the deal it's not even the biggest.

IT's the biggest single sponsorship deal, but it covers the stadium, new training facilities, kit etc. AND it's over a 10 year period.

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/manchester-citys-incredible-deal-know.html

Fair enough it's my opinion based on years of playing it safe tactics at s6

How long have we had 'play it safe' tactics though? Between 2000 and 2010 we were paralysed by debt and had no option but to pay peanuts.

Before that we did what caused that mess (i.e. unsustainable spending) on players that mainly turned out to be sh!te.

How long have we had 'play it safe' tactics though? Between 2000 and 2010 we were paralysed by debt and had no option but to pay peanuts.

Before that we did what caused that mess (i.e. unsustainable spending) on players that mainly turned out to be sh!te.

Well that is not my memory of Pre 2000 my memory of Pre 2000 is we did overspend on some bad buys but did not spend like the clubs that have since left us well behind

Twice in my memory this club has had the chance of joining the likes of everton , spurs and villa ( not manure) a third opportunity in my lifetime was also squandered but I am too young to remember.

I don't think any fans in 94/95 thought we were overspending perhaps spending unwisely but overspending no

Well that is not my memory of Pre 2000 my memory of Pre 2000 is we did overspend on some bad buys but did not spend like the clubs that have since left us well behind

Twice in my memory this club has had the chance of joining the likes of everton , spurs and villa ( not manure) a third opportunity in my lifetime was also squandered but I am too young to remember.

I don't think any fans in 94/95 thought we were overspending perhaps spending unwisely but overspending no

To be fair (and tbh I have no figures or sources to back this up so feel free to correct me) but weren't we one of the bigger spenders in the early days of the premiership? Apart from Man Utd, Blackburn and Newcastle I don't think we were too far off competing spending-wise with many of our competitors. It was a different world then compared to now.

To be fair (and tbh I have no figures or sources to back this up so feel free to correct me) but weren't we one of the bigger spenders in the early days of the premiership? Apart from Man Utd, Blackburn and Newcastle I don't think we were too far off competing spending-wise with many of our competitors. It was a different world then compared to now.

And also to be fair I have no figures either but my perception is that it was more money spent badly that was our problem rather than overspending.

Guest Big Guns

It means try changing your bait no one's biting

Wasn't after a bite marky mark

Sorry to disappoint you .....

Guest DLHBin

Whether we overspent or not, we certainly mis-spent in the 90s. We were one of the top clubs in the PL, and while Man Utd, Liverpool etc were investing heavily in youth development, we were very content with our squad with and average age of 30. Richards et al were too short sighted to see that the squad would be gone in a few years. I'm not trying to suggest had we also invested in youth at that time we would be competing with the likes of Man Utd etc, but we would have stayed in the PL a lot longer. Sacking Trevor Francis and replacing him with Pleat though has to go down as the worst decision made at S6 in the last 20 years.

Sacking Trevor Francis and replacing him with Pleat though has to go down as the worst decision made at S6 in the last 20 years.

We were one game from relegation at the end of Francis' tenure. Within two years, Pleat had taken us to within a whisker of qualification for Europe. Granted, the following season started off disastrously but the huge financial losses were as a consequence of mismanagement by Richards and Wilson, not Pleat.

Guest Big Guns

Ok.

Champions League in 7 years?

BAHAHAHAHA

I will aim high

Seriously tho ,some people aim too low ,they should move on from the this could have been us rubbish and move forward

Milan expects to be in the premiership in 3 seasons ,with the right investment after that who knows...

And also to be fair I have no figures either but my perception is that it was more money spent badly that was our problem rather than overspending.

Our problems were a mixture of spending silly money on players that were no better than we'd got and giving ridiculous contracts to players that for some unknown reason have them more money if they were injured. Very bizzar times. What incentive was it for players to get fit when they were being said more when injured, we also didn't have the brains to put a clause in that covered us for relegation

I will aim high

Seriously tho ,some people aim too low ,they should move on from the this could have been us rubbish and move forward

Milan expects to be in the premiership in 3 seasons ,with the right investment after that who knows...

Why do all your posts finish with a row of full stops....