Pečnik...

Guest bully87

He's better as a striker.

Why people can't see this is beyond me. See his video again. I am right on this, trust me.

Why people can't see this is beyond me. See his video again. I am right on this, trust me.

videos mean nothing. i could put a video together of leon clarkes best bits and know for a fact that his best place is on the team bus cleaning the f00ker

Yes we made the mistake of playing JOC at all.

Weird thing about JOC was he had his best 3 games in a wednesday shirt when we pushed him out wide, then he buggered off,

Quit whilst he was ahead I think.

Edited by leea8331

videos mean nothing. i could put a video together of leon clarkes best bits and know for a fact that his best place is on the team bus cleaning the f00ker

And rather than just offer this alternative opinion, it was worth negging me?

No problem, I can accept that if you come back and apologise later in the season when he's playing as a striker, or just behind the front two, and banging in a few goals. Which he will.

Guest wilyfox

i thought our first view of Pecnik was encouraging. he seems direct, two good feet, carries the ball well, eye for a pass, and a decent shot on him.i reckon he'll settle in well.

Guest BoomTownOwls

If you saw a video of the best moments of JJ or Esajas you would think we had one of the worlds best players.

Videos of 'best bits' should be treated with a pinch of salt.

Yes fair points I mean I wasn't saying he was the best player we've ever signed I just thought he looked better as a striker I mean tonight even against a europa/ champions league team he was producing glimpses of quality and skill, bearing in mind he doesn't know any of the team properly and it was his first game for the club, I think he looks a decent signing that's all, good attributes that we needed aswell

I agree with what you say and hope there's more to come from him. The early signs are encouraging at least.

Didn't mean to come across like I did, was just trying to add a little perspective to the video highlights.

I think the fact that he seems comfortable with ball at feet and not afraid to hold onto it means he could play in 2 or 3 positions for us. Time will tell which DJ prefers him in but on that little showing last night I think he'll definitely be in the first team picture.

I thought he looked poor, didn't offer much going forward or tracking back , can't see him getting any where near the first team.

You must be a top scout or coach to reach a conclusion on a player's ability in a pre season friendly against a Champions League side. Who do you work for mate ?

If you saw a video of the best moments of JJ or Esajas you would think we had one of the worlds best players.

Videos of 'best bits' should be treated with a pinch of salt.

I also looked at where he spent the majority of his time playing at his last club.

Bizarrely, it was as part of a front two pairing.

Strange that isn't it?

I didn't see him skipping past players on the wing, delivering crosses from the byeline, that rules out him being a winger.

He's not a midfield destroyer, and I didn't see him knocking balls around as a midfield playmaker.

I did see good link up play and nice one twos in and around the box though

Guest wilyfox

DJ has already said Pecnik is a versatile attacker. i wouldn't tie him to a particular position at this time - since he'll probably be deployed wherever needed.