Dave Jones Interview

Guest Sniper1

Strikers at the moment

Madine, Maguire, Pecnik, Lowe, O'Grady, Harewood.

1 in and 1 out or could it be 2 out.

Will Harewood get a deal, not sure if he would be a decent/better option from the bench than O'Grady.

CM signing looks close, Norris?

It's reported this morning, that Portsmouth are on the brink of liquidation, and I'm wondering if that's why we keep hearing that we're "monitoring" the Norris situation. If they did get liquidated, presumably that would allow us to sign Norris for nothing.

It's reported this morning, that Portsmouth are on the brink of liquidation, and I'm wondering if that's why we keep hearing that we're "monitoring" the Norris situation. If they did get liquidated, presumably that would allow us to sign Norris for nothing.

Thats a very good point, maybe I'm putting 2 + 2 together but could that be why a lot of the other players such as Varney have not yet been signed by other clubs? Purely because they know in a few weeks that Pompey could go under.

Was listening to somebody from Portsmouth, one of the coaches I think, saying they have to off load 7 to 8 big earners before 31st July to survive liquidation,sounds like they are going into next season with quite a few development players in the first team if they survive.From what I remember they are hoping some of these big earners will accept their contracts being terminated by mutual consent but receive little or no payment as a result.

Edited by darra

If he is looking for even more strikers it looks like im right about the fact Madine being mostly on bench this season cos if he thought he was good enough we wouldnt need anymore strikers as we already have cover.

Madine will be one of the first names on the team sheet. Why else would he have been given the number 9 shirt? Nothing wrong with having 5 strikers who offer us different options.

Guest Sniper1

Yep, probably right mate, strange situation though because you would think that Pompey would be kicking these players out of the door ASAP.

Yet its dragging on and they are still paying these wages and missing out on incoming transfer fees, even if they only get 100k.

Guest wilyfox

Yep, probably right mate, strange situation though because you would think that Pompey would be kicking these players out of the door ASAP.

Yet its dragging on and they are still paying these wages and missing out on incoming transfer fees, even if they only get 100k.

Appleton has said they are desperate for those players to leave. I very much doubt it's Portsmouth holding things up; more likely to be players or buyers such as ourselves pursuing Norris.

Guest Sniper1

If he is looking for even more strikers it looks like im right about the fact Madine being mostly on bench this season cos if he thought he was good enough we wouldnt need anymore strikers as we already have cover.

Madine is our first choice CF.

If i was to pick one player from our squad that is most likely to play in the Premier League in the future it would be Gary Madine.

Madine will be one of the first names on the team sheet. Why else would he have been given the number 9 shirt? Nothing wrong with having 5 strikers who offer us different options.

There's no guarantee Madine will be around. May need to enter the loan market if the court case goes against him.

Personally I think Madine can make the step up to be a good quality Championship striker but perhaps not prolific enough at that level to spearhead a promotion push ( if that's what we're seriously aiming for).

Snipers right, Madine is one of our biggest assets, though these remaining 5 signings are supposed to be the biggies aren't they? I would imagine all five would be seen as starters and that Madine will be paired with the as yet unsigned striker. Bothroyd/Campbell

Guest RossD1991

1 defender,that has to be Batth.

1 cm surely that's Joey Barton.

3 wingers,MA KT and that trailist from PSG.

1 striker has to be Jay Bothroyd or DJ Campbell.

Promotion here we come.

Meanwhile back on planet earth ...........

PSG trialist?