Jermaine Johnson

I agree with Bach.

Regardless of his consistency, he is one of those players that as soon as he gets the ball he STILL gets the fans off their seat. Before JJ, when was the last time we had a player who did that? Waddle, maybe?

potter used to get me off my seat

to leave.

Guest Owlsda

JJ has been a good servant for this club over the years, he loves this club and gives 100%, he has skills and pace. DJ sees something in him hence the contract.

Good enough for me

JJ has the sort of assets as a player that aren't cheap to replace at this level. As much as he's proven over the years that he's prone to being rash, careless and inconsistent, he's equally proved his worth as a dangerous, game changing player whether starting games or coming off the bench. By all accounts he loves it here as well.

Well worth a 12 month extension in my eyes. I hope we still sign 2 first choice players out wide but I'm definitely glad we're keeping JJ.

Edited by sheffield_dave

For the wages he's on it's a no brainier.

How much would an impact player like him cost us in today's transfer market?

With 7 subs again next season he's a great option to have.

DJ has already stated this was one reason for offering a new contract. He and we know it makes sense both financially and in footballing terms.

Guest Owlsda

With additional wide players coming in, the expectations and pressure on JJ should be greatly reduced, also the number of footballing hours that he would be expected to play will be less, so hopefully he can stay fitter this season and have a big impact.

Guest plymouthowl

Really happy with this. I've dragged loads of non-Wednesdayites to games and most of them have picked JJ out as our star man over the years (the dark days).

We all know he can be frustrating at times, but like a few have already said, he can really change a game.

A good move from the club and decent reward for his loyalty

I like JJ, glad he's signed again.

I did hate him for a while during the Carlise match though.

lol

flipping SQUARE IT JJ! SQUARE IT!!!! SQUARE IT!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Christ, forgot all about that chance actually. He did all the hard work then he just needed to square to Madine and goal!!

However, he scored a screamer against Yeovil and I seem to him scoring a cracker at home when he beat the fall back, he just fell on his arse and smashed it bottom corner. I want to say Chesterfield, but I don't think it was.

Really pleased he has signed. He will be effective next season.