Jermaine Johnson

Guest foreverSWFC

I love JJ, yep we know he is inconsistent, we have to accept that, but on his day he can be unplayable, it would be foolish to get rid of a player who potentially could beat teams on his own.

Now with DJ in charge the pressure is off JJ, just go out there and do your thing without having to play a restricted role. I reckon he could play the best football of his career under DJ and like i said i would have hated to see him go and join another Championship club and haunt us.

If there is one player who could turn a game on its head ..its probably JJ...and I know all the arguments about consistency and attitude crop up....but as a squad player...coming off the bench...he has the ability to do something out of the ordinary...you can't let that sort of talent ..up and walk... (when he's able)...

Guest gizmo

because he was more impressive for us in the championship than he was playing in league one.

so 3 ssns later you think he's gonna be better :wacko: he's league 1 standard at best ,also why should we have players that ppl are sayin he'll be good to have on the bench ,surely if we're handing out contracts then players should be expected to be starting games not just playing bit parts in games ..

Guest wilyfox

i'm sure JJ will get his opportunities to start. with every change of manager, there is hope the new manager might get more out of JJ. now that DJ will have time and personnel to implement changes and adopt his brand of football, let's wait and see what JJ can contribute...

so 3 ssns later you think he's gonna be better :wacko: he's league 1 standard at best ,also why should we have players that ppl are sayin he'll be good to have on the bench ,surely if we're handing out contracts then players should be expected to be starting games not just playing bit parts in games ..

What just the 11 contracts then?

Guest Sniper1

Love JJ.

Would still like to see him play up top more.

JJ alongside Madine/Harewood? would be a threat.

Especially if you have Antonio in the side too.

Guest Sniper1
Posted · Hidden by Russy, July 9, 2012 - As requested.
Hidden by Russy, July 9, 2012 - As requested.

post-13959-0-10751500-1341854841_thumb.j

like someone has said, i would much rather he was playing for us than against us, JJ doesn't actually have to play that well, just him coming off the bench makes an impact to how the other manager thinks

this makes no difference to the Antonio deal, we still need at least 2 more wingers,

pleased

Guest Big Guns

I'm going to say it again

If it wasn't for jj we we can forget about automatic promotion last season....

Happy with this.

I think he would find that consistancy if he could steer clear of injuries which with his electric pace is always going to be an issue, but if we get ten games where he makes a difference then thats money well spent.

I would always prefer to have a player like JJ starting or on the bench to make a difference than some steady eddy.

You need players that get you out of your seat and excite you and would rather have him play for us rather than against.

People keep saying we need more pace in the side well with JJ and hopefully Antonio we certainly have that. Now if we could add a pacey centre forward then we would have a really good squad.

Wasn't good enough for league 1, so what makes people think he'll be good enough for the championship?

He seemed good enough when he was scoring some very important goals.

He may be inconsistent but to to say he wasnt good enough for league one is taking the urine.

He seemed good enough when he was scoring some very important goals.

He may be inconsistent but to to say he wasnt good enough for league one is taking the urine.

He had a run of half a dozen games from Hartlepool-Chesterfield, when he played his most consistant that he's ever played for Wednesday. A six game run, in his six years is hardly reason to keep him imo.

Guest Big Guns

He had a run of half a dozen games from Hartlepool-Chesterfield, when he played his most consistant that he's ever played for Wednesday. A six game run, in his six years is hardly reason to keep him imo.

If it wernt for that run no auto for us

He stepped up to the plate when marshall left....

In ten years time we will look back on players like JJ as cult heroes and instruments in our revival.

Has been a great servant to the club and given us six years of thrills.

I agree with Bach.

Regardless of his consistency, he is one of those players that as soon as he gets the ball he STILL gets the fans off their seat. Before JJ, when was the last time we had a player who did that? Waddle, maybe?

In ten years time we will look back on players like JJ as cult heroes and instruments in our revival.

Has been a great servant to the club and given us six years of thrills.

TBH JJ at times has been the only player worth watching at hillsborough over the last decade. Last season aside.

No offence to JJ but thats bloody depressing.\

Its always the anticipation of will it go into the back of the net, to another player or into row Z !

Edited by Dark$ide