Owls Linked With Routledge... 2 million asif

Sheffield Wednesday are being linked with a move for Swansea City winger Wayne Routledge.

The 27-year-old moved to the Liberty Stadium last August from Queens Park Rangers for an undisclosed fee and made 17 starts in the Premier League for the Swans as well as 11 appearances off the subs’ bench.

Routledge worked with Wednesday boss Dave Jones during a brief loan spell at Cardiff City in 2008-09 when Jones was boss of the Bluebirds and according to The People he could be on his way to Hillsborough in a £2million deal.

However, Jones may instead turn to Michail Antonio, who had a successful loan spell at the Owls from Reading towards the end of the season. Discussions between the two clubs are said by the Sheffield Star to be on-going over a deal worth around £400,000.

As nice as it is to have strength in the transfer market I don't anticipate us spending £2m on anybody.

Not really all that clued up on Routledge. Isn't he one of those players that was highly rated for a while years back and has since done nothing but bobbing along at various clubs?

been away for a week so not heard about it but I doubt milan is gunna splash the cash like that... unless we are looking for 1 marquee signing already having signed a couple of quality players free gratis.. could definatley do the job in championship

As nice as it is to have strength in the transfer market I don't anticipate us spending £2m on anybody.

Not really all that clued up on Routledge. Isn't he one of those players that was highly rated for a while years back and has since done nothing but bobbing along at various clubs?

He does really well in the Championship - certainly did at Newcastle - but isn't up to the top flight.

I'd be flabbergasted if we signed him. In fact we won't.

Guest wilyfox

that might be a little harsh. he made a valuable contribution in helping QPR get promoted last season, and Newcastle the year before; i wouldn't put him in the 'Bostock disappointment box'

Guest foreverSWFC

Would be a fantastic signing, but can't see it to be honest, Leicester probs sign him up.

Regards

Sky rockets in flight, afternoon delight

If we were to push the boat out to suchan extent I would n't be wasting such a sum on Routledge or Chris McGuire for that matter. However, McGuires baby strike partner, 15 year old Mason Bennett that is another matter, What a capture he would be ....Never seen such power and ability in a 15 year old (Maybe 16 now).

Fingers crossed we put a shot across the bows with an enquiry regarding McGuire in order to snuggle up close to Bennett.

Mason Bennett the name to watch !

Guest foreverSWFC

If we were to push the boat out to suchan extent I would n't be wasting such a sum on Routledge or Chris McGuire for that matter. However, McGuires baby strike partner, 15 year old Mason Bennett that is another matter, What a capture he would be ....Never seen such power and ability in a 15 year old (Maybe 16 now).

Fingers crossed we put a shot across the bows with an enquiry regarding McGuire in order to snuggle up close to Bennett.

Mason Bennett the name to watch !

lol

Sorry absolutely no chance, Mason Bennett is a real talent, does not look 15, he look bout 20! Anyway apparently Chelsea and Tottenham are looking at him. It is a name to watch, but not in a million years will Mason join Wednesday.

Guest Sniper1

Wayne Routledge gets teams promoted to the Premiership.

Never really delivered in the premiership, not sure why.

If we are going for that one big signing then this wouldnt be a bad one.

Guest Sniper1

Wouldn't want us to spend 2m on him.

I guess that we could bring in both Henri Lansbury and Michail Antonio for that much.

Im sure Milan and DJ will know best.

Guest cabangaowl

Played against Bennett a few times but played centre back and he still ran the game.. scored from his own half as well :L

Guest zico sterland

Doubt Swansea want to sell and doubt even more we would pay anywhere near 2 million for him ,id want Sinclair of them for that type of fee !!!