Heskey and Owen

Guest @jakeowl1

Guest @jakeowl1

Can u imagine if we got these as our front 2!

Do people think they are both past it and would be average at best, or do you think they would tear the championship apart?

I know the chances of us getting them are pretty much zero, but what would people think to it?

Jones is known for being very ambitious with his transfer targets.

It would certainly put bums on seats and help us sell a fair few more season tickets.

I think Madine could learn a lot from both of these two and it could help him to become a brilliant player.

Thoughts?

Guest @jakeowl1

I did say 'the chances of us getting them are pretty much zero', its not like i said we WILL or SHOULD sign them.

Just a general discussion thread, people are keen to jump down your throat on here arent they!

I was merely interested to see what people thought these veteran players would be like dropping down a league.

Peace out

Guest Leicesterowls

Owen has ruled out a move to the Championship

Heskey is more likely. But do we really want him? And its no secret he wants to go back to Leicester anyway, but whether they want or need him is another story!

owen and heskey ? are you serious ?? thank god your not the manager !!! is that really what you want for us... signing overpaid has-beens.. we need young hungry players. if dave jones is with anything, he should be able to find players that arent just "names" .. look at southampton, norwich, the kind of players they have, i dont see any big huge names there.. same with swansea... thats why i was horrified when people said they wanted jay bothroyd !! another over paid lump.... we need to stop looking at teams cast offs and wondering if they "can jo a job for us" . kieran lee is a good signing.. young player, very good, wont cost the earth,.....

owen and heskey ? are you serious ?? thank god your not the manager !!! is that really what you want for us... signing overpaid has-beens.. we need young hungry players. if dave jones is with anything, he should be able to find players that arent just "names" .. look at southampton, norwich, the kind of players they have, i dont see any big huge names there.. same with swansea... thats why i was horrified when people said they wanted jay bothroyd !! another over paid lump.... we need to stop looking at teams cast offs and wondering if they "can jo a job for us" . kieran lee is a good signing.. young player, very good, wont cost the earth,.....

Excellent first post and I'm in total agreement. A good manager can spot the potential in a player and mould them into better players. We do not want players who have gone past their peak and are on the way down but their wages have'nt. There are also potential problems. A good dressing room can be spoilt when players arrive who believe they have nothing to prove. Also the older a player is he becomes more injury prone.

Guest @jakeowl1

Please re-read my post you angry individual. Not once have i said these are the players we need to sign, i was asking what people thought about those two as players and how they would do in this league.

However, you are right in thanking god that i am not the manager, but for different reasons much more serious than this. Such as the fact that i have no experience in management whatsoever, i have no coaching badges or even informal training in management, I have no experience in the professional or semi-professional game, and therefore i have specifically zero contacts or friends in the game. I think all of these would be better reasons for thanking the big man upstairs for me not being the manager of our wonderful club.

Now, take a deep breath and forget your insecurities x

Can u imagine if we got these as our front 2!

Do people think they are both past it and would be average at best, or do you think they would tear the championship apart?

I know the chances of us getting them are pretty much zero, but what would people think to it?

Jones is known for being very ambitious with his transfer targets.

It would certainly put bums on seats and help us sell a fair few more season tickets.

I think Madine could learn a lot from both of these two and it could help him to become a brilliant player.

Thoughts?

Yes i think Jones is very ambitious, but hes not daft.

Ones a crock and only good for warming the bench, and the other couldn't hit a barn door.

And for Madine learning from them , i think he will learn loads not!!!