Heskey and Owen

Guest @jakeowl1

Please, Please NO....not ever !!! Lets build with what we have and add exciting younger players who want it as much as we do (oo-err!!) ... DJ may add 'experience' but I expect this to be in defence or midfield...no overpriced been there done that pick up me wages types ever again for me!!! Oh and if you ever see Wim Jonk slap him on the head for me!!!....

Guest Johnbloodaxe

If Heskey and Owen could stay fit and would come I'd go and fetch them myself.. they'd be amazing in the championship.. especially with madine and lowe in our squad too... that would be great and Madine would learn so much too..

Guest SnookerOwl

Both past it.

Both millionaires = no hunger anymore.

Heskey's goal scoring record is atrocious.

Owen never fit.

Yeah we really need these two :wacko:

Guest Ferkorf

I think if owen could stay fit he would do a job for anyone in the championship.

Heskey im unsure about.

lol @ some of the rants of ppl that cant understand what the op was saying.

I think if owen could stay fit he would do a job for anyone in the championship.

Heskey im unsure about.

Can u imagine if we got these as our front 2!

Do people think they are both past it and would be average at best, or do you think they would tear the championship apart?

I know the chances of us getting them are pretty much zero, but what would people think to it?

Jones is known for being very ambitious with his transfer targets.

It would certainly put bums on seats and help us sell a fair few more season tickets.

I think Madine could learn a lot from both of these two and it could help him to become a brilliant player.

Thoughts?

Hmmm..... wonder what their wage demands might be?

Heskey im unsure about.

Heskey im unsure about.

You can say that again...

Please re-read my post you angry individual. Not once have i said these are the players we need to sign, i was asking what people thought about those two as players and how they would do in this league.

However, you are right in thanking god that i am not the manager, but for different reasons much more serious than this. Such as the fact that i have no experience in management whatsoever, i have no coaching badges or even informal training in management, I have no experience in the professional or semi-professional game, and therefore i have specifically zero contacts or friends in the game. I think all of these would be better reasons for thanking the big man upstairs for me not being the manager of our wonderful club.

Now, take a deep breath and forget your insecurities x

haha., sorry about that... i just took it out on you as being the 100th post mentioning old past it over priced players.... your right, i didnt properly read wat yo put... the scary thing is though, some fans out there actually want to sign them..

There's little doubt that Owen has been an electric performer for a long time. But there are legitimate doubts about his sharpness brought about by lengthy absences due to injuries and being on a team with much greater talent and reliability. He would be a risk, even if he was interested, which is doubtful in itself.

Heskey on the other hand is woeful and has been for ages. Not sure I'd want him even if we were still in League One.

There's little doubt that Owen has been an electric performer for a long time. But there are legitimate doubts about his sharpness brought about by lengthy absences due to injuries and being on a team with much greater talent and reliability. He would be a risk, even if he was interested, which is doubtful in itself.

Heskey on the other hand is woeful and has been for ages. Not sure I'd want him even if we were still in League One.

Owen would only be a risk due to his injury history - and its unquestionably poor.

As a talent he'd probably be the best to ever play outside the premier.

No matter how lacking in "hunger" he might be (what the roger is young and hungry supposed to mean anyway?)