SEASON TICKET PRICES/DETAILS HERE - GET BUYING !

Guest intercity0wl

Guest littleblueowl

Just got my first season ticket in 10 years and couldn't be happier! (I've been working out of the country so I have an excuse at least :rolleyes:)

The only thing I do have to get used to is going to matches on my own as it seems the first time in ages I'm able to get a season ticket, my friends and family can't get one for one reason or another..... :dry: oh well, still happy UTO!

Edited by littleblueowl

Just got my first season ticket in 10 years and couldn't be happier! (I've been working out of the country so I have an excuse at least :rolleyes:)

The only thing I do have to get used to is going to matches on my own as it seems the first time in ages I'm able to get a season ticket, my friends and family can't get one for one reason or another..... :dry: oh well, still happy UTO!

No need for excuses, you have done the right thing and that is all that matters. 1 more to the ever growing list. Good man.

Just not bothered...

No you aren't listening.

You said you had sat in it all season, clearly not having bought the allocated ticket. So just buy one on the Kop somewhere and then sit there, like this season.

Wasn't having a go, just making a suggestion.

If someone has payed for the seat you can't just boot them out.

flip me it is hard work on here at the minute.

Can hear you perfectly Matti but you miss my point.

People aren't paying for these seats as they are given to them for free but have very little intention of using them. In doing so they are abusing a very generous incentive that is being offered by the club albeit with the intention of bringing the next generation of fans to the game.

It becomes a bit counter productive when it discourages other fans whose kids want to go to every game because they can't sit remotely near who they go to the game with, or where they want to sit.

I take your point about buying a ticket for elsewhere and then sitting in them anyway but that's providing I can get two together somewhere suitable, which looking on the internet at the moment I can't. It's not easy taking a young child to the game, getting them settled in their seats and then having to move them at the last second on the rare occasion someone does turn up to use them. That's after dealing with the tantrum that will arise when they have to move two blocks away from their grandad, uncle and cousins.

I will be going down to the ground tomorrow and actually asking them if they can help as per your quite sensible suggestion. I was always going to do this. I believe I'm making a reasonable point though about something that is clearly being abused.

As someone who has disagreed with matti a lot, the point he makes a out the 2 tickets is spot on. Buy 2 tickets nearby and sit where you like.

And although matti's initial resoponse to moselyowl was condescending at best, Moseley is now following around abusing him at every post.

So, chill the flip out and get in the dressing room for the summer. Otherwise it's gonna be a real long wait

As someone who has disagreed with matti a lot, the point he makes a out the 2 tickets is spot on. Buy 2 tickets nearby and sit where you like.

And although matti's initial resoponse to moselyowl was condescending at best, Moseley is now following around abusing him at every post.

So, chill the flip out and get in the dressing room for the summer. Otherwise it's gonna be a real long wait

But what else could I possibly do during a 12 hour night shift in a warehouse? lol

People aren't paying for these seats as they are given to them for free but have very little intention of using them. In doing so they are abusing a very generous incentive that is being offered by the club albeit with the intention of bringing the next generation of fans to the game.

It becomes a bit counter productive when it discourages other fans whose kids want to go to every game because they can't sit remotely near who they go to the game with, or where they want to sit.

I take your point about buying a ticket for elsewhere and then sitting in them anyway but that's providing I can get two together somewhere suitable, which looking on the internet at the moment I can't. It's not easy taking a young child to the game, getting them settled in their seats and then having to move them at the last second on the rare occasion someone does turn up to use them. That's after dealing with the tantrum that will arise when they have to move two blocks away from their grandad, uncle and cousins.

I will be going down to the ground tomorrow and actually asking them if they can help as per your quite sensible suggestion. I was always going to do this. I believe I'm making a reasonable point though about something that is clearly being abused.

T1, 38, 137 & 139, I'm sure the person in between will swap, the bloke next to me lets my wife swap with him so we can sit together WAWAW?

T2, loads near the front.

X1 Hundreds together!

T3 Hundreds together.

What is the problem exactly?

But what else could I possibly do during a 12 hour night shift in a warehouse? lol

Enjoy your time being banned from the site maybe? lol

How do these prices compare to last season anyone?

about £50 more.

Just not bothered...

Be interesting to see what the club say about this.

They should be able to look on the system and see how many times the tickets for the seats you want to sit in got used last season. I don't think they will be able to just cancel them, but if unused free season tickets are potentially preventing season ticket sales they need to take this problem seriously.

Be interesting to see what the club say about this.

They should be able to look on the system and see how many times the tickets for the seats you want to sit in got used last season. I don't think they will be able to just cancel them, but if unused free season tickets are potentially preventing season ticket sales they need to take this problem seriously.

We have roughly half a stadium available to new season ticket holders, is it really such a big issue?

I've listed a load of suitable (in my view) seats above for the poster so it isn't such a huge problem unless you want to sit in the dead centre of the Kop, which personally if you are a new ticket holder I don't think you have much right to demand. I've moved a couple of times to be able to get my north stand seats on half way.

Just not bothered...

We have roughly half a stadium available to new season ticket holders, is it really such a big issue?

I've listed a load of suitable (in my view) seats above for the poster so it isn't such a huge problem unless you want to sit in the dead centre of the Kop, which personally if you are a new ticket holder I don't think you have much right to demand. I've moved a couple of times to be able to get my north stand seats on half way.

If the seats were being used then that would be fair enough, but wasting the best seats because they are "reserved" for a couple of games a season isn't a good policy.

The other problem with the free season tickets is people get them to get priority to buy adult tickets for away games for their mates, at the expense of real season ticket holders who want to go to games.

The club should look at this and stop people abusing something that is a good incentive to help get more young fans for the future.

Guest Deux

Centre of the Kop is crap anyway. You spend half the game standing up then sitting down then standing up then sitting down because nobody can decide to do one or the other.

If the seats were being used then that would be fair enough, but wasting the best seats because they are "reserved" for a couple of games a season isn't a good policy.

The other problem with the free season tickets is people get them to get priority to buy adult tickets for away games for their mates, at the expense of real season ticket holders who want to go to games.

The club should look at this and stop people abusing something that is a good incentive to help get more young fans for the future.

The away ticket thing is wrong but there isn't much they can do about empty seats, if they are bringing their little ones and sitting them on their knee (which is what happens around me) then you can't do anything.

You gonna ban me because I'm on benefits and should be using my money for other things rather than an internet enabled phone mattitheowl?

No I'm gonna ban you for being a bell end!

Just not bothered...

Centre of the Kop is crap anyway. You spend half the game standing up then sitting down then standing up then sitting down because nobody can decide to do one or the other.

Agreed, if you can stretch the extra cash I'd get up in the grand stand with a young 'un. I used to sit up there as a kid and it was great. Fantastic view and a nice friendly atmosphere.

If I had to go on the Kop I would be going to one side or the other though, better all round view.

Just not bothered...

The away ticket thing is wrong but there isn't much they can do about empty seats, if they are bringing their little ones and sitting them on their knee (which is what happens around me) then you can't do anything.

If they are bringing them and sitting on their knee or whatever that's fine, cos they are actually using the ticket to get entry to the stadium, and probably need to use the space of the seat for a bag if the kid is on their knee.

It's the ones that never, or at best very rarely use the ticket at all, and the only reason they have it is to reserve the seat next to them for when their mate fancies it. That's unacceptable, if they want to reserve it for their mate, their mate can buy themselves a season ticket. If not, it should be available for someone else to buy.

If they are bringing them and sitting on their knee or whatever that's fine, cos they are actually using the ticket to get entry to the stadium, and probably need to use the space of the seat for a bag if the kid is on their knee.

It's the ones that never, or at best very rarely use the ticket at all, and the only reason they have it is to reserve the seat next to them for when their mate fancies it. That's unacceptable, if they want to reserve it for their mate, their mate can buy themselves a season ticket. If not, it should be available for someone else to buy.

How often does that happen though?

Like I say the 3 young ones that sit by me all sit on their parents knees and their seats are somewhere miles away. Obviously a 3 year old can't sit on their own so there is an empty seat. To someone sat next to that empty seat it will look like nobody ever comes, when in fact they do, they just sit somewhere else.

Just not bothered...

How often does that happen though?

Like I say the 3 young ones that sit by me all sit on their parents knees and their seats are somewhere miles away. Obviously a 3 year old can't sit on their own so there is an empty seat. To someone sat next to that empty seat it will look like nobody ever comes, when in fact they do, they just sit somewhere else.

The club will know if they look at how often a ticket has been used.

If it's being used and then the person is sitting elsewhere there's nothing anyone can do to stop it, although at some point the kid will need their own seat, at which point I'm sure they will want to all sit together, so it would make sense to get the free tickets next to the adult ones rather than elsewhere.

I agree. Although I do have a ticket for my son that has been used a hand ful of times in 2 seasons. However, we have so much space it's not a big issue. You could even argue that over 25+ years, I've paid for the privilege in some respects.