Season ticket price amnesty?

Guest away day owl

After 10 yrs with season tickets and watching rubbish football for most of it, now the good times are here and i'm struggling to find the dosh for 3 re newals at the min..gutted so any extension would be welcome...:-)

Guest intercity0wl

Can't believe i'm having to say this, but I wasn't being entirely serious when I called those who haven't yet bought ST's scrubbers.

Also, I asked for the other thread to be deleted because I realised posting it without facts was uncalled for - but I will probably post it again later when I have the permission of the person affected to post her claims.

If it so offended you, then I apologise profusely.

Oh dear...

Dont appologise Kivo, your posts are just as valid as the usually angry reactions they get from Me. the highlighted bit of this latest post from you has got exactly the same reaction in my head, why would you want to post something again that we both know wont do the club any favours, and has infact been poo pood as a nothing event by others on here who were present WHY.

As for the scrubbers bit, a simple smilie at the end would have avoided any confusion, and as for your idea i personally have no problem with it, although i know many would, and would have that problem big style, maybe an offer of just a very small increase £15.00 for the next seven days would be better, before the full rise is applied after that.

Edited by intercity0wl

Guest on the band wagon

think we will see a rise of 20% much more would be pushing it a bit I know football appears to work outside the real world of finance but in the economic mess we are in anything going up 20% would be frowned upon unless its hot pasties !!!!

Guest JoeTheOwl

That would be a great idea but I would probably do it for current season ticket holders who have not bought one yet and maybe a slight increase for new season tickets?

Wow first post be kind x

This.

I'll be renewing mine regardless of the price increase but would be nice for a temporary price freeze for renewals. (Didn't renew early due to being an idiot)

the highlighted bit of this latest post from you has got exactly the same reaction in my head, why would you want to post something again that we both know wont do the club any favours, and has infact been poo pood as a nothing event by others on here who were present WHY.

Well the person involved didn't see it as a nothing event. And I believe her. I'll agree to not post on here what is claimed to have happened, but I know she's reporting it to the club - as a big Wednesdayite she wouldn't do that for no reason.

We'll leave it there.

Well the person involved didn't see it as a nothing event. And I believe her. I'll agree to not post on here what is claimed to have happened, but I know she's reporting it to the club - as a big Wednesdayite she wouldn't do that for no reason.

We'll leave it there.

Can she tell the difference between black people?

Guest Sheff Owl

Dont appologise Kivo, your posts are just as valid as the usually angry reactions they get from Me. the highlighted bit of this latest post from you has got exactly the same reaction in my head, why would you want to post something again that we both know wont do the club any favours, and has infact been poo pood as a nothing event by others on here who were present WHY.

Agree it was a nothing situation which has been said on here and in various other places.

The thing is people are getting blamed for something they haven't done.

I'm not mentioning any names but it was all sorted out with the 2 players in question.

Guest Triplej2

How about giving the early birds a cup tie voucher and a teener voucher for the club shop, I'd settle for that if they freeze the prices for a bit.

How about...?

If the club don't want to consider putting on sale at pre-deadline prices, which seems to not be an issue to most who have renewed.

I can see their point, as they were clear prices were going to go up.

They could offer the incentive of inclusive cup games at the new price point and include this for those that have already renewed.

Cup games are generally low ticket prices, so I would be surprised if costs are anything other than just covered.

Would probably generate bigger cup attendances, which may offer some recompense with other revenue streams?

Not sure how much of an incentive it would be to prospective

ST holders, but given they aren't likely to hold prices, might be worth a look...?

Guest barrieowl

What ever extra you have to pay you have aready saved by not going up through play offs. 3 games would have cost more than a season ticket and you would have had to find that money in 2 weeks . Dig deep and get them before we sell out UP THE OWLS

Just stick them on for a week or two at the early bird price like has been said . If it attracts an extra few who won't pay the higher price but love a bargain then all is good :-) if we get 20 thou a home game including the walk ups without the away following included all will be good . Least next season we won't have to be faced with a transit van and a motorbike worth of away fans .

Guest Mr Blue Sky

I renewed our season tickets early using the owls. Mastercard, so I get interest free credit for a few months. For me, the concern is at some stage I am going to have to pay a one off large amount. I have managed to do this for the last few years now, but it is a worry and a strain on the family budget. What I would like to see is some kind of scheme where you could pay continuously by direct debit for your seat each month or week. I suppose that this would not be a season ticket as such. This would mean that people could commit at anytime, pre, post or during the season. The scheme could stop people taking advantage by adjusting the initial payment so people can't attend a large number of matches in one month and cancelling their direct debit.

Just a thought for getting around the budgeting problem for fans and it would help the club with cash flow. They could also simply apply an annual percentage increase to peoples direct debit. The only down side is that the club could lose seat money if form slumped, but how could that happen with Milan at the helm.

I know Milan stated that, after the sale of ST's was suspended in March, that if we won promotion, tickets would go back on sale at a higher price.

While I agree with his thinking - wouldn't it be great if, for just a week, ST's went back on sale at the original price to get fans back in the buying mood while the buzz is still around.

I got mine in January, and I wouldn't mind one bit - if it meant we pushed past 15,000 sales by the end of the week, it'd be absolutely fantastic.

hope so missed the deadline due to uncertenty over finances (new born wifes redundency)

had a season ticket for 18 out of 21 season

would like to think i could get one at original prices

but will say this quitely i am willing to pay a little more still all the same

I know it was wishful thinking but I really hope the club will consider the weekend season ticket option. I just can't afford the normal season ticket with the travel too and from Cardiff every home game, it has near bankrupted me over the last three years but I would try and renew if i was thrown a lifeline!

I renewed our season tickets early using the owls. Mastercard, so I get interest free credit for a few months. For me, the concern is at some stage I am going to have to pay a one off large amount. I have managed to do this for the last few years now, but it is a worry and a strain on the family budget. What I would like to see is some kind of scheme where you could pay continuously by direct debit for your seat each month or week. I suppose that this would not be a season ticket as such. This would mean that people could commit at anytime, pre, post or during the season. The scheme could stop people taking advantage by adjusting the initial payment so people can't attend a large number of matches in one month and cancelling their direct debit.

Just a thought for getting around the budgeting problem for fans and it would help the club with cash flow. They could also simply apply an annual percentage increase to peoples direct debit. The only down side is that the club could lose seat money if form slumped, but how could that happen with Milan at the helm.

This already exists doesn't it? you get an interest free loan to pay for the ticket and make a monthly payment. Its what i do, works out at £40 per month for 10th months...

Guest Mr Blue Sky

This already exists doesn't it? you get an interest free loan to pay for the ticket and make a monthly payment. Its what i do, works out at £40 per month for 10th months...