Season ticket price amnesty?

Guest christheowl

I'm not saying I don't want to pay extra, would just like to know how much it will cost us. If it's a reasonable increase we will get one but the 25% that's been banded about would be ridiculous IMO. And then I would have to flip off!

Thats what the ticket office manager told me.

A friend of mine e-mailed me this from Crystal Palace - if there finding it hard down in Surrey?

Instalment Plan Extended

More than 1,000 new season ticket holders have guaranteed their seats at Selhurst next season, with the club now having sold 2,000 more in total than at this time last year.

However, the club prides itself on taking feedback from supporters and it is clear from some existing season ticket holders that the current difficult financial climate is a major factor in them not being able to make a renewal at this time.

Therefore we are pleased to announce a new structure to the club's season ticket instalment plan. We have decided to simplify and extend the plan so that we can offer fans seven equal monthly payments. A great example of how the plan can be used to make payments easier is an adult ticket in the Croydon Advertiser Family Stand can be purchased for just £59.81 per month.

Click here to book your ticket now or find out more about spreading your payments with our easy to use instalment plan.

Guest intercity0wl

I do want one but I ain't paying 25% more. I'll have another holiday. That would put kop upto about £420?

Serious question, why did you not want one before the first deadline, is it just promotion thats made you want one.

Serious question, why did you not want one before the first deadline, is it just promotion thats made you want one.

Yeah mainly. I'm not overly arsed because I haven't missed it that much since my last season ticket which was when we won the play offs. It's my other half who really wants to start going again. She's caught the bug again this season. We shall wait and see how much. There's a honest answer for you.

Any ideas when the new season ticket price chart is out guys?

spoke to ticket office today, they said new prices would be announced and go on sale today/tomorrow. So looks like tomorrow. Should strike while the irons hot to sell as many as poss.

How about...?

If the club don't want to consider putting on sale at pre-deadline prices, which seems to not be an issue to most who have renewed.

I can see their point, as they were clear prices were going to go up.

They could offer the incentive of inclusive cup games at the new price point and include this for those that have already renewed.

Cup games are generally low ticket prices, so I would be surprised if costs are anything other than just covered.

Would probably generate bigger cup attendances, which may offer some recompense with other revenue streams?

Not sure how much of an incentive it would be to prospective

ST holders, but given they aren't likely to hold prices, might be worth a look...?

They can't really do this.

Cup game revenue is split between the 2 clubs so agreement is needed on the pricing offered (and minimum pricing restrictions for certain rounds in the FA Cup).

If ST holders were given free cup tickets then either:

a) Applies for visiting team. Wouldn't be done due to big revenue hit, particularly for larger teams

b) Wednesday have to cover the lost cash from ST holders not paying and pay that to the opposition.

I'm not even sure the 2nd option is possible and certainly wouldn't be too good from a revenue perspective. Some away teams have agreed to a two tier pricing approach in the recent past with one price for ST holders and one for others but generally teams visiting Hillsborough expect a decent crowd and therefore push for as a high a price as possible.