Chris Evans

Is Chris Evans himself a disciple of route one football? He obviously came here as number two to gary megson but do we know whether he feels football should be played that way. He was probably the man who scouted the two Bury lads, neither of whom seem suited to the long ball game If he's worked with Dave Jones before, perhaps we could keep him on board and make use of that lower league knowledge

I thought there was a bit of a hint in DJ's post match player interview that Chris Evans and the back room staff are being retained for their knowledge of this league.

Doesn't bode quite so well for them perhaps when we go up

I hope he doesn't get his nose pushed out. When GM came in and brought Evans, he said he was more an off the training pitch assistant manager, didn't he? Burton's come from being first-team coach at WBA, so looks like he might be more inclined to dealing with on the pitch issues. You'd hope that their roles don't clash too much then.

I know the names of the roles don't matter too much, and it's more what they do, but can someone tell me what the structure is now between Evans, Burton and Thompson?

With Evans having been academy director at Wolves for so long, and also being useful with player recruitment, there's got to be a role for him at the club. If we show some faith in him and give him a job title he's happy with, be good if he'd stay even when GM does get next job. Seems to like the place, and seems to be good to have around the place so really hope he stays!

*I haven't heard DJ interview so not sure what he said during that.

Edited by Juror8