Lines and Lowe in - Madine and Bostock out

Guest SemedoforPortugal

Guest SemedoforPortugal

No brainer. Madine and Bostock have not been putting enough effort in for

me, Lowe deserves a run in the team. COD & Madine cannot

Play together. Not really sure why Megson dropped Lines but it was a poor decesion and he should

Start in the middle tomorrow with Prutton playing right mid.

Thoughts?

I agree with Lines. It's hard enough after Marshall leaving the team to create goals but to also take the player with the most assists out of the team aswell is plain stupidity.

Not sure about Lowe - he's had a small number of starts and offered nothing but even that is more than Madine is offering at the moment so actually, yeah, stick him or Morrison in.

Edited by RocastleFan

I'd be tempted to try either Lines or Prutton (probably Prutton) on the right with a focus on Buxton overlapping and getting a cross in. Buxton can deliver a decent ball. That leaves either JJ or Bostock on the left.

Not only have we lost quality in the wide areas, we've replaced two team players with players who are absolutely not team orientated. JJ, much as I love his recent form, and Bostock are not team players in the way that Marshall and O'Connor were.

I do think that the level of performance on Saturday won't be solved by chopping and changing a couple of players here and there. It's the attitude within the squad. They weren't playing as a team that plays for each other on Saturday and if we lose that 'galvanised' spirit that Megson talked about, then we're done for.

I don't understand when people say Madine and O'Grady can't play together.

Madine scored most, if not all, of his 12 goals while playing alongside O'Grady.

This the main reason for them not scoring is that's Marshall's service as gone, Really important that we strengthen the wide areas and a ball player.

Madine scored most, if not all, of his 12 goals while playing alongside O'Grady.

The greater share of Madines goals were in fact scored when COG wasn't in the team. I think only 5 including one pen came when they were playing together. They may eventually be able to become a good pairing but at the moment Madines form should dictate that either Lowe (preferably IMO) or Morrison should pair up with COG.

Edited by sal1

This the main reason for them not scoring is that's Marshall's service as gone, Really important that we strengthen the wide areas and a ball player.

Good point although there seems to be more lacking in Madines play since his return than just that.

Edited by sal1

He scored plenty of them in partnerships with Clinton Morrison and David McGoldrick. So no, not all of his goals were alongside Chris O'Grady.

Will we see Megson go back for McGoldrick, perhaps?

I agree he doesn't look the same, but he's seem's to be getting frustrated at the lack of service

Maybe and he's still young and still learning and maturing. One thing that he should learn is that when things aren't going too well you roll up your sleeves and battle through it. Most fans respect that. Part of his learning should just now involve starting on the bench. His form deserves no more and hopefully it will benefit both the team and him (whatever his pride may tell him at in the short term).

Edited by sal1

Maybe and he's still young and still learning and maturing. One thing that he should learn is that when things aren't going too well you roll up your sleeves and battle through it. Most fans respect that. Part of his learning should just now involve starting on the bench. His form deserves no more and hopefully it will benefit both the team and him (whatever his pride may tell him at in the short term).

He seems a bit arrogant and cocky to me, but yes needs to be put on bench tomoz

No brainer. Madine and Bostock have not been putting enough effort in for

me, Lowe deserves a run in the team. COD & Madine cannot

Play together. Not really sure why Megson dropped Lines but it was a poor decesion and he should

Start in the middle tomorrow with Prutton playing right mid.

Thoughts?

lol

Given the choice I'd have COD & Chips