Lines and Lowe in - Madine and Bostock out

Guest SemedoforPortugal

The reality is its flippingfebruary and we still dont know what our best team is! (even when all are fit) Not something you'd expect from a club pushing for promotion?!

Wrong. Most of us know our best teams. It's just that they're all different lol

I agree, Prutton's done ok but doesn't have the same creativity as Lines and we need something at least, a forward pass or two. I would drop Madine in a heartbeat, not looked the same player since he came back and although Clinton has had some form believe Lowe carries the greater goal threat.

Would like to see a run of games with COG and Lowe to see how they play rather than just 90 minutes.

Never going to happen but I would go 433, leaving Prutton in with Lines and Semedo and push JJ further up the field to cause havoc. Bostock not doing it for me, no urgency and doesn't look a wide player?

Agree about Lowe but Madine's form is awful and he must be benched. It's arguable too that Lowe would benefit more from COG's unselfish leading of the line and creating defensive problems for Lowe to capitalise on.

If he can manage to stay on side that is :rolleyes:

If COG and Madine supposedly doesnt work, then I'm not sure Morrison would be much different as he too plays with his back to goal. Id rather persevere with Madine than try that.

COG and Lowe wouldnt be a bad shout though, Lowe has missed too many chances, but his movement could unlock what is a big physical team. If we go long ball against Stevenage I think they will lap that up.

Just dont understand the Ryan Lowe bashing on here. Yes hes missed a few chances but its not like our other strikers are putting every chance away is it. Lowe has quality movement and stretches teams a lot more than when we just hoofit up to the front two of Madine and COG. I think hes been treat poorly, been overlooked on many occasions especially when hes come on and changed the game. Give him and M.Jones a run in the side

A lot of differences of opinion on who should be up front. I agree that once Madine gets a goal or two he'll be banging them in for fun like he was before so we need to start him.

As for the GK, we need to settle the issue once and for all. I'm all for competition for places, it's healthy to a point BUT surely all this chopping and changing of keeper is a mental nightmare for the back four? I think both Weaver and Bywater have their good and bad points - they kind of balance each other out in terms of ability but get one of them in and stick with them until the end of the season. That is of course unless they start playing like the useless lad from the other side of town.

And what's with the stupid free-kicks!? With the exception of Bostock and Palmer, they're experienced pros. You don't dive into challenges on the edge of the box!!!

We've got to persist with Madine and hope he comes good.

No combination of Morrison, COG and Lowe has proven that they have even the slightest chance of scoring enough goals to get us in the top and worryingly even to keep us in the play-offs. If any of these combinations had worked Madine would be on the bench, but they haven't.

A lot of differences of opinion on who should be up front. I agree that once Madine gets a goal or two he'll be banging them in for fun like he was before so we need to start him.

As for the GK, we need to settle the issue once and for all. I'm all for competition for places, it's healthy to a point BUT surely all this chopping and changing of keeper is a mental nightmare for the back four? I think both Weaver and Bywater have their good and bad points - they kind of balance each other out in terms of ability but get one of them in and stick with them until the end of the season. That is of course unless they start playing like the useless lad from the other side of town.

And what's with the stupid free-kicks!? With the exception of Bostock and Palmer, they're experienced pros. You don't dive into challenges on the edge of the box!!!

I would put Weaver in every day of the week but hes not always fit

Guest wewantsturrockback

This the main reason for them not scoring is that's Marshall's service as gone, Really important that we strengthen the wide areas and a ball player.

true. the other reason is that with both madien and cog up front we seem to just prefer to wahck it up to them and expect them to work miracles, give it to goal machine in and around the box he'll have a pop, in the box COG might score - but seems that as they are both big we just tend towards doing that more when both are playing.

Guest insideowl

i can't see anything other than madine pairing up with COG today. Not that Megson won't want to drop Madine cause i believe he would but just pure and simply that Stevenage are a big physical team and Megson will therefore want both Madine and COG in the starting 11

Guest insideowl

he's one of the worst fullbacks i have ever seen, just keeps backing off and allowing to many easy crosses.

his performances have been very indifferent. I can't remember Bennett being in a winning team.

i can't see anything other than madine pairing up with COG today. Not that Megson won't want to drop Madine cause i believe he would but just pure and simply that Stevenage are a big physical team and Megson will therefore want both Madine and COG in the starting 11

Sadly I think you may be right. I say sadly because apart from the form issue with Madine, sometimes the best way to combat big physical defenders is to have someone with good movement. Lowe is our best in this respect

Playing a centre midfielder on the wing is too defensive. Move Bostock in the middle with Semedo and put M.Jones on the right wing. Give them a chance to play in their natural positions.