Leon Clarke's free header in front of West...

Leon Clarke's header in front of his own fans today was hilarious

It nearly hit the corner flag

REYT FUNNY !!

~That useless host on Radio Sheff kept harking on about how they were unlucky not to grab a draw(WTF-how many saves did Bywater have to make?)

Do they not realise that even if Clarke had scored the flag was up for offside!!

Yeah, forget the goal he scored against us and everything. What a useless b@stard eh? Oh yeah, and he's fat. :rolleyes:

He was poo but scored a goal.

Not a lot of good when you've got 3 in the back of your own net but still.

God how I've missed that body language - round shouldered, head-bowed shuffling about doing mostly flip all.

October though and no mittens on - not bad for him.

Edited by BIG D

He was poo but scored a goal.

Not a lot of good when you've got 3 in the back of your own net but still.

God how I've missed that body language - round shouldered, head-bowed shuffling about doing mostly flip all.

October though and no mittens on - not bad for him.

Really not going to get into this one because, well, I know from your past posts Big D that you'll only ever see old Leon in one light :laugh: The whole 'poo but scored a goal' seems a bit of an oxymoron to me though. Isn't scoring goals what strikers are on the pitch to do...the fact the 9 men behind him and his strike partner couldn't keep out 3 goals is hardly a reflection on him is it? But as I say, I realise i'm preaching to the converted here (or whatever the absolute opposite of that phrase is as it were) so i'm going to gloss over your Clarke bashing and go and celebrate a sixth win from six at home.

He was rubbish. Made a couple of ok passes and scored but I wouldn't swap him for one of our ball boys. The thing that annoys me most about him, and its daft really, is the way he jumps in the air and stomps his feet on the way down like a child if something doesn't go his way. Don't know if anyone else has noticed this. Used to do my head in. Told you it was daft.

Guest Ratty-owl

I wouldn't swap 2 of him for 1 Madine. He put himself about a bit but really, he was hardly messi was he?

There wouldn't be enough pies in the ground for 2 Clarkies lol

I have no idea how the ref let him get away with the assaults he put on our back 4 at times. He was just jumping into players, that was the reason he looked half decent, the ref let him get away with murder so he got on the end of about 60% more than he actually should have. His finishing was abysmal and I'm still not 100% sure the goal was his, it could have been him, 1 of ours, or another of theirs who bundled it in.

Just not bothered...

I assume you mean Clarke? I thought he tried harder for you today than I remember him ever trying for us. He's slimmed down a lot and seemed more keen to use his size than we saw of him. He will get you so far, but the step up is beyond him still judging by today.

I did mean him. His hold up play is lacking. If we could combine the best bits of him and Craig Davies you'd have one hell of a player. As it is I'd swap him for Davies in a heartbeat.