On my way home...

I know your thinking wtf, but were losing 3-0 to a shitty premierleague team after 30 mins.

Waste of money and trip!!!

One words that relates to manager, christmas

Did you wave your arms and curse as you left.

I'm sure Megson was watching as you made your statement.

Bet it felt good!

Guest Triplej2

Although the OP is off the flounce-o'meter I think the club ethos right now is all wrong, our 1st eleven could have benefitted from this fixture and it's a f8cking CUP for god's sake, there's no point whatsoever in disrespesting it, cup runs are exciting and can be great for morale and feel good factor. I personally think we're gonna come up short in the league this season due to our inability to play football so that will make this decision even more pointless.

Guest Triplej2

How?

Pitting their wits against a premier league outfit, possibly winning, feeling good about themselves etc... 2 games in a week? They have to do it i the league sometimes so why not now? Professional athletes, one less training session, one extra game. Tell me the problem?

I know your thinking wtf, but were losing 3-0 to a shitty premierleague team after 30 mins.

Waste of money and trip!!!

You knew we would play a reserves team and chose to go so I have no sympathy. How about instead of going and leaving the moment it goes

the wrong way you give the money to smile tickets.

The fans who have stayed are making fantastic noise and really making Wednesday proud.

Pitting their wits against a premier league outfit, possibly winning, feeling good about themselves etc... 2 games in a week? They have to do it i the league sometimes so why not now? Professional athletes, one less training session, one extra game. Tell me the problem?

Your point kind of pre-supposes that we play well and get a decent result. What if they got buggered though or we suffered a couple of key injuries?

How many other clubs in this competition have played their first team?

There's a reason for that

you buy your ticket, you take your chances.

people might have more sympathy if you hadnt already done this once before, you flouncing nobsock.

anyone who travelled to blackburn expecting us to beat them needs to reset their expectations. we will be focusing on the league, and with the start blackburn have had, no way would they have risked fielding too weak a side.

Guest Triplej2

Your point kind of pre-supposes that we play well and get a decent result. What if they got buggered though or we suffered a couple of key injuries?

Isn't it us league 1 upstarts job to go and take these premier league boys out with their weakened sides? we used to get knocked out of cups regularly by 3rd division outfits who wanted a scalp!!

Yes we could lose but I don't see why a promotion chasing league 1 side should get "buggered". Leeds @ Liverpool, MK @ Norwich, Rochdale ' QPR etc...

You knew we would play a reserves team and chose to go so I have no sympathy. How about instead of going and leaving the moment it goes

the wrong way you give the money to smile tickets.

The fans who have stayed are making fantastic noise and really making Wednesday proud.

I doubt he even went, this is just a carbon copy of the thread on Saturday

Edited by enigmamedusa

Isn't it us league 1 upstarts job to go and take these premier league boys out with their weakened sides? we used to get knocked out of cups regularly by 3rd division outfits who wanted a scalp!!

Yes we could lose but I don't see why a promotion chasing league 1 side should get "buggered". Leeds @ Liverpool, MK @ Norwich, Rochdale ' QPR etc...

Leeds won at Doncaster.

And they're in the Championship.

Edited by markowl

Guest Triplej2

Leeds won at Doncaster.

And they're in the Championship.

I was on about the other season, and it was Man utd not Liverpool, my mistake.

The point remains, 2 games in a week is perfectly acceptable and it's so early in the season that why shouldn't we have a tilt at a cup run.

I was on about the other season, and it was Man utd not Liverpool, my mistake.

The point remains, 2 games in a week is perfectly acceptable and it's so early in the season that why shouldn't we have a tilt at a cup run.

The Leeds win at Man U was an FA Cup tie played at the weekend.

Guest Triplej2

The Leeds win at Man U was an FA Cup tie played at the weekend.

So what? 2 games in a week shouldn't be a problem and I know a fair few Wednesdayites who value this cup.

A bit of a bold mentality might not go amiss either, an intent, a message.

leave it there please, your response style's bugging me.

So what? 2 games in a week shouldn't be a problem and I know a fair few Wednesdayites who value this cup.

A bit of a bold mentality might not go amiss either, an intent, a message.

leave it there please, your response style's bugging me.

Eh?

It's called debate!

You make a point I answer it.

Numpty.

F##king pathetic this site whatever he has done he has travelled whilst we are sat at home listening to the radio,he can do what he wants we are simply embarrasing.

You are simply embarrasing. How could you think for two seconds we would give them a game. We are literally leagues apart. Pop a valium and chill the roger out. Megson and the majority of the fans will have realised we had bigger fish to fry,