Looking forward to this season

1) Our signings are MILES better than any players signed by either Brian Laws or Alan Irvin.

2) Jones is a monster at 6ft 5 as it Batth at 6ft 3, we will dominate teams from the back

3) We have a proper left back in bennett for the 1st time in years.

4) For the first time in at least the past decade we have the potential for a midfield that won't get bullied.

5) Madine is an excellent forward and vastly underrated, considering the quality of defenses he will be coming up against.

6) We more than matched a full strength leeds top six championship side and were fitter than them.

7) Megson seems to be getting the best out of JJ.

8) Prutton is going to be a legend in midfield.

Every single player Megson has signed has been better in ALL respects so far than anyone Laws or AI brought in.

Morrison will be ok.

Can we just relax and look forward and stop this constant sniping please, its doing my bloody head in.

1) Our signings are MILES better than any players signed by either Brian Laws or Alan Irvin.

2) Jones is a monster at 6ft 5 as it Batth at 6ft 3, we will dominate teams from the back

4) For the first time in at least the past decade we have the potential for a midfield that won't get bullied.

5) Madine is an excellent forward and vastly underrated, considering the quality of defenses he will be coming up against.

6) We more than matched a full strength leeds top six championship side and were fitter than them.

Every single player Megson has signed has been better in ALL respects so far than anyone Laws or AI brought in.

Morrison will be ok.

Can we just relax and look forward and stop this constant sniping please, its doing my bloody head in.

Got to disagree with 5.

I think he comes across as lazy and doesnt seem to give a poo poo about the club or us fans.

Me too. I just can't wait to see some football played where points are a stake.

I think we'll do well this season, can't see us conceeding many, so long as we don't get lumbered with loads of injuries *fingers crossed*, and hopefully we'll have a natural goal scorer or two before the start of the campaign and a winger. I think top 6 should be well within our reach.

Guest scott_andrew_william

I'm hopeful of 46 0-0 draws!!!

Why we'd go down?

Isn't Jones 6ft7?

We don't have enough players to do anything :/

I predict 10th.

Morrison will be ok.

I'd disagree with 5 and 6...

Madine has looked very poor recently when he should be trying to get some form. Hopefully it's not a sign of things to come from him.

Leeds did not play their best team. If you look at the players they played, only a couple played a big part of last season for them as wlel as missing their best 2 forwards.

However, I still feel a lot more optimistic this season. I just feel as if Megson and MM will get it right.

It's 8) that I'd disagree with. He did nowt at Leeds in this division and then got relegated with Swindon. I don't see why he's suddenly become the answer to the problem to be honest.

Prutton is a legend at Leeds they loved him and he played an important part for them

It's 8) that I'd disagree with. He did nowt at Leeds in this division and then got relegated with Swindon. I don't see why he's suddenly become the answer to the problem to be honest.

I take it you haven't been to any pre-season games then? Because if you had, you simply would not be making that comment. The truth is that Prutton and Semado are the answers to our problem, so much so, that GM has shortened the width of the pitch, to make the opposition play through the middle. And if they do that, I will put money on it that the 50/50 midfield battles that we lost in seasons past, will go more our way than before.

Semado for me, can be likened to Makélelé, in the fact that he will sit in front of the defence, break up/hold up play, before making a short pass to another player. Prutton on the other hand, can not only do that, but also has a great range of passing. Both players are tenacious, and will run and cover all areas all game long. To say Prutton got relegated with Swindon might be factual, but it hardly explains the truth either. Truth is, he is a very good player at this level, playing for a poor team. This season however, things are different.

I am looking forward to next season, our deffence looks really solid now and we look just about ready to compete from promotion

we do still badly need a winger or 2 and a striker. I like JJ and Madine, but after those 2 there isnt anyone good enough for those places

We're a winger and striker short of even competing for the play-offs imo.

Definitely some positives in the players we've signed and the players we've let go - defensively we look very solid and more solid than we have done in a long time.

But with 10 days until the start of the new season we should be in a better position with the squad we have. Morrison is carrying an injury, as is Coke and if Prutton or Semedo get injured we're back to relying on O'Connor and the same goes with JJ, if he gets injured we've got no real cover on the wings apart from Daniel Jones. First 11 is good enough, but its not got enough quality as a squad yet.

Edited by Benjani