Andy Giddings says . . .

If we can't sign the players we want long-term until we are in championship no point paying over inflated transfer fees for players who will not be good enough when go up! Better option is to get good loans from premier league to get us up or st least challenging by Xmas then get the players signed in jan / next summer who we want long term!

Would be pleased with Cody McDonald (fast Billy Blunt), Sidibe wouldve been a good shout but as Bruce pointed out he's knacked.

Chris Wood sounds the most likely bet, I think he is the big handful of a striker Megson seems to like. I dont know much about him other than he seems to be starting to find his feet. 8 goals for Brighton last season.

Realistically it sounds like McDonald and Wood. But I would imagine we'd have stiff competition for McDonald.

Would be pleased with Cody McDonald (fast Billy Blunt), Sidibe wouldve been a good shout but as Bruce pointed out he's knacked.

Chris Wood sounds the most likely bet, I think he is the big handful of a striker Megson seems to like. I dont know much about him other than he seems to be starting to find his feet. 8 goals for Brighton last season.

Realistically it sounds like McDonald and Wood. But I would imagine we'd have stiff competition for McDonald.

Only other club I've heard linked is Oldham. Doesn't mean nothing else is going on behind the scenes though.

Peterborough? They were put off by 500k asking price earlier in the summer.

Ah now you mention it that does ring a bell. Will be interesting to see whether they pursue their interest in him now he's a free agent, and whether we are actually in for him or not.

Edited by Anthndav