Combining Owls and Blades

As Im bored this morning I thought Id share my fabulous ideas for combining the resources of the two sheffield clubs. I think its about time we realised that having two non successful clubs in Sheffield is just holding us back so heres my ideas for creating one super club in Sheffield from the two existing ones:.

1: We combine the names of the two clubs to create the name of the new club (a bit like Dagenham and Redbridge did). My suggestion is that we use the 'Sheffield' from Sheffield utd and the 'Wednesday' part from from SWFC. The new combined clubs name will be 'Sheffield Wednesday'! I think people will eventually get used to it.

2: We create a totally new kit by combining the two kits from the clubs. We use the blue stripes from the SWFC kit and the white stripes from utd's kit. Both teams have previously worn white shorts/socks so no argument there either.

3; We sell off the ground with the most potential to become a hotel or much needed housing stock. Bramall lane seem the obvious candidate for this as theres already a hotel on site. Once sold all the profits can be ploughed into the combined remaining stadium. Not to completely lose links with the past the remaining Hillsborough stadiums away end will also be renamed by combining its old name with the name of utd's stadium. Im thinking using the 'Leppings' from its existing name and the 'Lane' part from bramall lane should keep everyone happy.

4: We combine the playing staff by getting rid of any players who would not be happy to play in the new team colours and under the new team name. The criteria for keeping players after talent would be a vote by existing season ticket holders on who they want to stay. All other players will be sold for team rebuilding.

5: Finally, any existing fans of either former team who disagree about this new venture to be dissuaded from supporting the new team and pointed in the direction of Rotherham. Any floating fans will be allowed in as will whole new generations of youngsters and university students who may settle in the city thus raising the fanbase and eventually needing the existing stadium to be extended via the money from selling off bramall lane.

So there you have it. My contraversial vision for a combined Sheffield team! I really do think its the best way forward.

:-)

Guest MARKOWLS

As Im bored this morning I thought Id share my fabulous ideas for combining the resources of the two sheffield clubs. I think its about time we realised that having two non successful clubs in Sheffield is just holding us back so heres my ideas for creating one super club in Sheffield from the two existing ones:.

1: We combine the names of the two clubs to create the name of the new club (a bit like Dagenham and Redbridge did). My suggestion is that we use the 'Sheffield' from Sheffield utd and the 'Wednesday' part from from SWFC. The new combined clubs name will be 'Sheffield Wednesday'! I think people will eventually get used to it.

2: We create a totally new kit by combining the two kits from the clubs. We use the blue stripes from the SWFC kit and the white stripes from utd's kit. Both teams have previously worn white shorts/socks so no argument there either.

3; We sell off the ground with the most potential to become a hotel or much needed housing stock. Bramall lane seem the obvious candidate for this as theres already a hotel on site. Once sold all the profits can be ploughed into the combined remaining stadium. Not to completely lose links with the past the remaining Hillsborough stadiums away end will also be renamed by combining its old name with the name of utd's stadium. Im thinking using the 'Leppings' from its existing name and the 'Lane' part from bramall lane should keep everyone happy.

4: We combine the playing staff by getting rid of any players who would not be happy to play in the new team colours and under the new team name. The criteria for keeping players after talent would be a vote by existing season ticket holders on who they want to stay. All other players will be sold for team rebuilding.

5: Finally, any existing fans of either former team who disagree about this new venture to be dissuaded from supporting the new team and pointed in the direction of Rotherham. Any floating fans will be allowed in as will whole new generations of youngsters and university students who may settle in the city thus raising the fanbase and eventually needing the existing stadium to be extended via the money from selling off bramall lane.

So there you have it. My contraversial vision for a combined Sheffield team! I really do think its the best way forward.

you must be bored, theres no way on this earth your idea would ever happen or work, ill be happy when utd slide out of the league and out of buisness, there is only one team, let us take our mantel we are on the up, cant say the same for them, there in a state and im glad...........UTO

A big fat **** OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

not that one again - it's no even remotely funny. Just feck off.

Seriously feck off? Im hoping you didnt read it all the way through before you decided to swear at me. If its not to your liking dont read it or reply. This fishing reel is really straining now

Guest Big Guns

not that one again - it's no even remotely funny. Just feck off.

My son asked me what a transexual was yesterday. I said "Ask your mum, he'll know". :laugh:

Seriously feck off? Im hoping you didnt read it all the way through before you decided to swear at me. If its not to your liking dont read it or reply. This fishing reel is really straining now

No - read the first paragraph and thought "oh no not that lame old joke post again". As I said: It's not even remotely funny unless you're an eight-year-old.

Guest unitedowls

I am all for Sheffield having one successful football club. It could be called Sheffield F.C. to keep the history. Play in Blue and Red stripes, at a new purpose built stadium in the East End of Sheffield. The current set up where a Sheffield side last won the title in 1929/1930 is a joke and will never happen again while the city is split down the middle. Newcastle, Leeds only have one club. Liverpool and Manchester are twice the size of Sheffield in catchment area, so that argument doesn't wash.