2011/2012 season League 1 promotion & relegation predictions

I cannot wait for next season for the potential derbies we're going to have, i think the league will prove to be as tough if not tougher than this season and there will be no teams who are going to be 'easy' to turn over.

I think it's going to be tight at the top and bottom but this is my early prediction for the ups and downs -

Promoted -

Huddersfield (Champions)

Wednesday

Charlton (playoff winners)

Relegated -

Notts County

Yeovil

Tranmere

Wycombe

us up and pigs down with a record low of just 19pts

Thats what i would like to happen but i can't see it. I think they will hold their own and linger around the playoffs for most of the season.

WednesdayPeterborough Chesterfield YeovilExeterNotts CountyTranmere

I can see Chesterfield doing well also. But think they will miss out on promotion.

Guest Cottingham owl

Seriously think with the right players us and pigs will walk this league next season with probs charlton through the play offs. However it's hard to predict who will go down woth it not being 100% who is leaving this division yet and who Is coming up.

Edited by Cottingham owl

I think Megson will make us difficult to beat and with our first pre season in a decade with money to spend, 5/6 decent sigings should see us challenging for automatic promotion... anything less will be a failure.

As for the grunters, they haven't bottomed out yet (not by a long shot) and should they get relegated, I can see them finishing lower mid-table. I actually think if Donny come down, they'd have a far better chance of bouncing back at the first attempt.

For me it's:

Promotion (not in any specific order):

Wednesday

Sflaphorpe

Peterborough

Relegated (again not in any order):

Chesterfield

Bury

Yeovil

Notts County

Guest ak15

Predictions based on the assumptions that Brighton, Southampton and Huddersfield (via playoffs) are promoted this season from League One and Chesterfield, Bury, Wycombe and Shewsbury (via playoffs) are promoted this season from League Two. I expect Dagenham and Plymouth to join Bristol Rovers and Swindon in the league below this time next week too.

Champions - Milton Keynes Dons

Promoted - Peterborough

Playoffs - Exeter, Wednesday, Sflaphorpe, Pigs

Top half - Preston, Charlton, Chesterfield, Leyton Orient, Shewsbury, Tranmere

Bottom half - Bournemouth, Notts County, Oldham, Yeovil, Rochdale, Bury, Brentford, Colchester

Relegated - Carlisle, Hartlepool, Wycombe, Walsall

Could be an all-Sheffield playoff final..

Edited by ak15

Guest maltaowl

Champions -Peterbrough

Promoted -Wednesday

Playoffs - Leyton Orient, Charlton, Sflaphorpe, Pigs

Top half - Preston, Bournemouth, Chesterfield, Oldham, Carlisle, Mk Dons

Bottom half - Tranmere, Notts County, Accrington Stanley, Yeovil, Wycombe, Bury, Brentford, Colchester

Relegated - Exeter, Hartlepool, Dag & Red, Rochdale