THE WEDNESDAY CC V THORNCLIFFE CC

Guest Go For It Owl

Guest Go For It Owl

On Sunday 1st May at 2pm The Wednesday cc will play their first cricket match for 87 years !!!

The match will take place against Thorncliffe cricket club, Loundside, Chapeltown, Sheffield, S35 2US and will be on a 20/20 basis.

There will be a BBQ, MUSIC, GAMES and RAFFLE PRIZES with Sheffield Childrens Hospital benefitting from the proceeds :biggrin:

Anyone that wants to bring a SWFC flag can hang it from the boundary fence to add to the atmosphere :ph34r:

Everyones welcome :biggrin:

Bar available :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Guest Go For It Owl

Brilliant news! I will be popping down to watch!

Well done to the people who have put this all together!

BRING UR FLAGS :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Guest Go For It Owl

On Sunday 1st May at 2pm The Wednesday cc will play their first cricket match for 87 years !!!

The match will take place against Thorncliffe cricket club, Loundside, Chapeltown, Sheffield, S35 2US and will be on a 20/20 basis.

There will be a BBQ, MUSIC, GAMES and RAFFLE PRIZES with Sheffield Childrens Hospital benefitting from the proceeds :biggrin:

Anyone that wants to bring a SWFC flag can hang it from the boundary fence to add to the atmosphere :ph34r:

Everyones welcome :biggrin:

Bar available :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Anyone fancy DJ ing for the day ???

Guest intercity0wl

Can't do the match DJ stuff Rob as I will probably be on ice cream / bbq duties, but I may be available pre match to warm the crowd up, got some cracking 80's stuff - depeche mode and all that..........

I gathered from some previous comments of yours which contained a reference to cricket rackets amongst others, that your knowledge of the game may be a bit limited, but a match DJ at cricket is a positive no no, unless sundays game is following that 20 20 jazzed up rounders format, in which case i may spend the afternoon trying to set fire to flags, or buying Matilda an ice cream and a Burger from the Fat well fed refreshment vendor.

If anyone is planning on coming and doesn't know how to get there by public transport here's a quick guide.

Chapeltown train station is only a couple of hundred yards away from the cricket ground and there are two trains an hour from Sheffield en-route to Leeds and Huddersfield.

By bus you can get the 29, 66A, 75, 77, 87 or 88A from Sheffield which all drop you off within spitting distance of the cricket ground.

What time will it likely finish as I'm working til either 4 or 5pm

The advertised finish time is 5pm.

For those that aren't aware the "Ranch" pub at the ground will be open all afternoon and the friendly manager keeps an excellent pint.

There's also a pool table and 2 screens showing sky sports.

The advertised finish time is 5pm.

For those that aren't aware the "Ranch" pub at the ground will be open all afternoon and the friendly manager keeps an excellent pint.

There's also a pool table and 2 screens showing sky sports.

5pm? I want to be in ranch by half 4 lol

Guest intercity0wl

5pm? I want to be in ranch by half 4 lol

How the modern Cricketer has changed when I played we would want the Game to go on all afternoon and hopefully the winning run or Wicket would be taken just as the sun was going down, the after match liquids always seemed well earned, and tasted better.