THE WEDNESDAY CC V THORNCLIFFE CC

Guest Go For It Owl

Guest Go For It Owl

Sun

Barbecue

Ice cream

Ale

Ridiculously bad cricket

I'm all over this. What's the parking like in the area?

Plenty of parking around the ground :biggrin:

The advertised finish time is 5pm.

For those that aren't aware the "Ranch" pub at the ground will be open all afternoon and the friendly manager keeps an excellent pint.

There's also a pool table and 2 screens showing sky sports.

Friendly manager?

Has Andy got the sack??

:biggrin:

Guest Go For It Owl

David Hirst has officially got the hardest shot on the plant !

CAN YOU BEAT HIM ?

Come down to The Wednesday CC's first match in 87 years and have a go on Thorncliffe cc's very own speed gun !

Guest EBRA

Well the big day is here

So why not carry on this weekends party mood and come on down to the match and get behind both teams

BBQ with roasting pig and other entertainments

Hope to see you all there

Guest intercity0wl

Well the big day is here

So why not carry on this weekends party mood and come on down to the match and get behind both teams

BBQ with roasting pig and other entertainments

Hope to see you all there

Sorry i thought you said a B&Q roasting Pig, now that would well and trully test the Ultra Flag for fire retardancy, will be there this afternoon to see the rebirth of the Wednesday CC, and a pint or two of course.

I think a special public thank you should go to the lads at Thorncliffe CC who have helped out a lot.

It should be a great day out and a truly unique event.

Make the effort and come and support 'The Wednesday'

Guest James-The-Owl

Just got back, good day out and Wednesday won by five wickets. At 38-5 it looked dodgy but a stand of 90 from batsmen number 6 and 7 made the score 128-5 which surpassed Thorncliffe's first innings total of 125-5 off their 25 overs. Think Wednesday had eleven balls to spare.

Thought the lord Mayor would just come and say a few words and bugger off...... nope, he stopped all day and had a few pints.

Thats last time I'm captain a side, bat at number 2 and ball spin (I was the one with gigs and long sleeved jumper on for TCC).

An awesome day today thank you to all who turned up, much appreciated down at Thorncliffe, will be organising another match for next.

Robert Hulley (TCC Chairman) will be on later to say thanks etc, hope John will put photo's on this week aswell

UTO WTID WAWAW

Guest intercity0wl

Thought the lord Mayor would just come and say a few words and bugger off...... nope, he stopped all day and had a few pints.

Thats last time I'm captain a side, bat at number 2 and ball spin (I was the one with gigs and long sleeved jumper on for TCC).

An awesome day today thank you to all who turned up, much appreciated down at Thorncliffe, will be organising another match for next.

Robert Hulley (TCC Chairman) will be on later to say thanks etc, hope John will put photo's on this week aswell

UTO WTID WAWAW

Enjoyed the Afternoon, well done to all who were involved in the organisation of it, Special mention to John the Burger seller, and good luck to the Wednesday and Thorncliffe Cricket Clubs for the coming season.

I was only able to stay for the Thorncliffe innings, so a shame that I couldn't witness the win in full. I enjoyed what I did see though, despite how bloody windy it was.

The Wednesday definitely need to work on the catching though. 3 dollys dropped.

Well done to all who played.

I was only able to stay for the Thorncliffe innings, so a shame that I couldn't witness the win in full. I enjoyed what I did see though, despite how bloody windy it was.

The Wednesday definitely need to work on the catching though. 3 dollys dropped.

Well done to all who played.

You shouild n't be so hard on the Wednesday fielding, they're the first catches we've put down in 87 years :cool:

To The supporters of the event, Rob Hulley; Brian Workman, The Lord & Lady Mayoress; The Wednesday Committee; The Umpires; John the Bar-B-Q; my Wife, Daughter and grandchildren who relieved you of your cash and not forgetting the Bar staff.

A Big Thank-You to All for making today an extra special day. Perfect weather (wind excepted) the game was played in a wonderful spirit and the occasion was far more important than the result though it must be said the 87 6th wicket stand was key for The Wednesday CC.

Once more thank you, here's to many more !