Academy's final game of the season

I know the U18's (representated today by the U16's - McAuley has given up on the seniors) drew 3-3 at Middlesbrough today, was just wondering whether anyone knew our scorers?

Middlesbrough's OS has a detailed match report but only names their scorers and the Premier League website only shows the score.

Our website doesn't have anything, and even has the date of the match right on the fixture list :dry:

I know the U18's (representated today by the U16's - McAuley has given up on the seniors) drew 3-3 at Middlesbrough today, was just wondering whether anyone knew our scorers?

Middlesbrough's OS has a detailed match report but only names their scorers and the Premier League website only shows the score.

Our website doesn't have anything, and even has the date of the match right on the fixture list :dry:

Our u16 drew against an u18 side, surely that's a good thing?

Academy football is not about results, it's about development of players.

Guest lindley

I went to watch my mate who is captain of the barnsley academy down at the training ground the other week. Barnsley won 5-1 after having two goals dis allowed. I must admit, Wednesday were completely outplayed on all levels (as you can tell from the score) and it was quite worrying to watch tbh...

Guest bigbadbreeze

Kivo, Do you think Mcauley should go and get someone new in who can overhaul the system now we have money to invest in it?

Unless McAuley has a master plan and lets be honest if he has its been well hidden over the last 5 years Megson has to get rid, he just has not delivered anything

Something is very wrong at this level. Why is there such a massive gulf between us and the blunts? Is it the scouting system or something closer to home? Whatever it is it needs sorting as we cannot just rely on bringing players in that are out of contract or on loans. You need to combine that with a youth policy which is constantly bringing through home grown prospects. The Blunts for some reason are far better than us at doing this.

Guest gringo69

I know a young player who has gone from us to the blunts, he was skillful but small for his age.

Our coaching staff knew this and said, "we can teach the other lads the skills he already has, but we can't make him bigger".

Then offered him a drop down into the also rans.

All utds coaches said was "cheers wednesday". No bull, so no wonder we are in our current academy position with this mentality.

Isn't it Mark Smith who's now at the pigs academy? might be wrong.

I know a young player who has gone from us to the blunts, he was skillful but small for his age.

Our coaching staff knew this and said, "we can teach the other lads the skills he already has, but we can't make him bigger".

All utds coaches said was "cheers wednesday". No bull, so no wonder we are in our current academy position with this mentality.

One of the best players I have ever seen at Hillsborough was about 5 foot nothing and that was Willie Henderson. One of the best wingers to play in the stripes if we are are judging players on size then we have got problems.

Couple of things - you can't teach skills to kids who aren't able to be taught them - natural talent is the biggest attribute a kid will ever have and to say it can always be taught is rumbleing ridiculous

This mentality MUST change - it's the sort of rumblewitted idiocy that would have released Messi, Xavi and Iniesta because they weren't big enough and some right rumbleing idiot who is a danger to English football claims they can make bigger players just as good

Yes Mark Smith is at the pigs

Edited by scram

Kivo you know f*** all it wasn't the U 16's but the 1st year scholars as SM is planning for next season and as for the u 18s being rubbish see comments below already mentioned in another thread.

I feel someone should stand up for our youth players as they have had some bad press from some of the morons on here, these lads have had some good results this season i.e. they've beaten Portsmouth, West Brom, Wolves, Newcastle, Sheffield Utd, Crewe, Rotherham, they've drawn with Chelsea, Man City, Sunderland and had quite a few narrow defeats, it might be just coincidence but since GM arrived they were told to play a defensive system getting everyone behind the ball, which just resulted in teams having time to build up attacks and putting them under pressure for all 90 minutes, I suggest you look at their results before and after GM arrived before publicly slagging these lads off.

Kivo you know f*** all it wasn't the U 16's but the 1st year scholars as SM is planning for next season and as for the u 18s being rubbish see comments below already mentioned in another thread.

I feel someone should stand up for our youth players as they have had some bad press from some of the morons on here, these lads have had some good results this season i.e. they've beaten Portsmouth, West Brom, Wolves, Newcastle, Sheffield Utd, Crewe, Rotherham, they've drawn with Chelsea, Man City, Sunderland and had quite a few narrow defeats, it might be just coincidence but since GM arrived they were told to play a defensive system getting everyone behind the ball, which just resulted in teams having time to build up attacks and putting them under pressure for all 90 minutes, I suggest you look at their results before and after GM arrived before publicly slagging these lads off.

i dont dispute what you say but how do you know that megson told them to play defensive .....please tell us how you know this

Woah woah woah

It was McAuley himself that stated the U16's were being played against Middlesbrough, not me (see Monday's programme).

And I never once said the U18's were rubbish, get your facts straight before labelling people morons.