Lee Croft

I watch him last night in a Derbyshire County cup final for Derby against Buxton and wondered if he could do a job for us?

Did really well last night and put loads of decent crosses in. He also found himself in loads of space for much of the game and was always in the right spot at the right time.

He does currently look out of favour at Derby but i reckon he could do a job at this level.

He had a loan spell at Huddesfield which didnt really take off this season.

Worth a shout? Norwich fans rate him

From what i've seen of him over the past few years, be it at City, at Norwich or at Derby he's either been bloody good or a useless lazy fat mess, probably more the latter too unfortunately.

When he's on it, he puts in some great balls, but when he's not in that zone he is literally a waste of space. I mean worse than JJ can be in when he's in a lazy mood.

He's better than Sedgwick and probably better than Teale (certainly a better end product) though, but would i want to see us sign him.

Not sure tbh, wouldn't be annoyed if we did, but maybe hoping for a little better, or maybe more consistant performer. He's certainly got some ability though.

Nope, don't want him.

Saw him a lot for Norwich and he makes JJ look like Mr. Consistancy. Had problems with his weight and he gets the face on when things don't go his way. He IS quicker than he looks but he wouldn't be an improvement on Jermaine Johnson.

I think we need to stop looking at other team's poo poo players and wondering whether or not they could do a job for us tbh- it is a shock to the system given that we've been living off free transfers for more than a decade, but we now have a bit of money to spend and should be looking to sign decent quality players rather than more in the JJ mould who play well once a month and go missing for the other 35 games of a season.

This summer needs to be about quality and not quantity of signings, and Croft doesn't offer enough in the quality and consistancy categories.

I watch him last night in a Derbyshire County cup final for Derby against Buxton and wondered if he could do a job for us?

Did really well last night and put loads of decent crosses in. He also found himself in loads of space for much of the game and was always in the right spot at the right time.

He does currently look out of favour at Derby but i reckon he could do a job at this level.

He had a loan spell at Huddesfield which didnt really take off this season.

Worth a shout? Norwich fans rate him

Do they?

Not sure if I'm sold on a good performance against Buxton.

Do they?

Not sure if I'm sold on a good performance against Buxton.

I know what you are saying but you have only really got to look to how some of our players have done against lower league teams. If you compare that to how some of our players played he didnt let himself down

Rather keep JJ. Croft is just as frustrating but less exciting on his day.

Perhaps Bolasie, lua-lua or danny green would be better options?

Also Cox at Leyton Orient. He's got a fair amount of assists in a pretty decent side this season.

Guest Sniper1

Also Cox at Leyton Orient. He's got a fair amount of assists in a pretty decent side this season.

Thats a good shout, probably not done enough to move up to the Championship just yet, only (23) can play on both sides, abit of a hobbitt (similar to Wes Hoolahan) so not sure Meggo will go for it.

While we are down South id have a major look at Brentford for Myles Weston (22) pacey left winger.

Id also be looking at Marc Pugh(23) and Liam Feeney(24) both at Bournemouth if they don't go up, attacking midfielders.

Have a sniff around Charlton also, see if we can tempt Jose Semedo(25), Jonnie Jackson(28) and Bradley Wright Phillips(25) up north.

Then over to Bristol for a young man called Will Hoskins(24), should have snapped him up in the summer.

I would love to bring Brian Stock in from Donny, he would be awesome.

Another player i wouldn't mind seeing alongside Madine is Theo Robinson(21), signed for Millwall and then went out on loan to Derby i think?

Not sure he'd fancy dropping down but we can try.

.....................................N.Weaver

J.Otsemobor.......B.Batth......R.Jones..........L.Buxton

M.Pugh................J.Semedo...B.Stock..........M.Weston

..............................G.Madine....W.Hoskins

O'Donnell

R.Johnson

J.Jackson

L.Feeney

J.Johnson

B.Wright-Phillips

T.Robinson

Id love to see that squad, its not too far fetched is it?

Thats a good shout, probably not done enough to move up to the Championship just yet, only (23) can play on both sides, abit of a hobbitt (similar to Wes Hoolahan) so not sure Meggo will go for it.

While we are down South id have a major look at Brentford for Myles Weston (22) pacey left winger.

Id also be looking at Marc Pugh(23) and Liam Feeney(24) both at Bournemouth if they don't go up, attacking midfielders.

Have a sniff around Charlton also, see if we can tempt Jose Semedo(25), Jonnie Jackson(28) and Bradley Wright Phillips(25) up north.

Then over to Bristol for a young man called Will Hoskins(24), should have snapped him up in the summer.

I would love to bring Brian Stock in from Donny, he would be awesome.

Another player i wouldn't mind seeing alongside Madine is Theo Robinson(21), signed for Millwall and then went out on loan to Derby i think?

Not sure he'd fancy dropping down but we can try.

.....................................N.Weaver

J.Otsemobor.......B.Batth......R.Jones..........L.Buxton

M.Pugh................J.Semedo...B.Stock..........M.Weston

..............................G.Madine....W.Hoskins

O'Donnell

R.Johnson

J.Jackson

L.Feeney

J.Johnson

B.Wright-Phillips

T.Robinson

Id love to see that squad, its not too far fetched is it?

No not at all mate, but you forgot Gary Cahill on the bench. Clown

Guest Sniper1

No not at all mate, but you forgot Gary Cahill on the bench. Clown

Interesting response.

So which of those players are of the standard of Gary Cahill?

Which one of those players as played Premier League Football?

Oh so they are all mainly from League One, who have had decent seasons with their clubs, apart from Stock.

Just going of what you wrote i anticipate im communicating with a fool.

If not

why can't Sheffield Wednesday with a bit of money to spend pick up the better players from the third division, Im hardly asking for Messi am i?

I thought twice before replying to you because i have a feeling you lack any sort of intelligence, apologise if im wrong but you are doing your best to come across that way.

Calm yourself down, lets see how many of your dream team make the move to S6 then. .maybe you have forgotten what season we have just had.......

Out of the suggestions he's made...

Which are unreasonable signings?

Plus, what has this season got to do with our recruitment in the summer?

It's hardly going to make a difference. In case you haven't noticed 'clown' we now are able to compete in the transfer market and the aim is automatic promotion. A team with money going for automatic promotion, who happens to be regarded as the biggest club in the division is a pull to any players currently plying their trade at this level.

Lets see how many come

Yeah good reply that.

Come on fella, you've called him a clown for making some reasonable suggestions... let's now here what sort of players you'll think we'll be able to buy/attract to this football club?

League Two players?

Average League One players?

Good League One players? (as suggested above)

Poor Championship players?

Average Championship players?

Let's hear it....

Dean Cox is the main one I hope we go for, very productive season. I'm hoping for Kazenga LuaLua but I can see Brighton going for him again if Newcastle don't renew his contract.

As for young quick wingers who aren't as old as JJ or as volatile, there are some good options.

Some good names suggested, Johnnie Jackson, Marc Pugh etc. Players who will get or make goals, we lack creativity and have for a long time.

Guest Sniper1

Lets see how many come

Wow, you have well and truelly stumped me with that reply, let me lower myself to your level for a minute

Listen f'k wit, i think we can sign these players because we are f'kin massive and we have money to spend.

We will finish this convo in July, ok spaz. :rolleyes: