Football League Show

I agree with Scram, not what we needed at the time (althought we needed a completely new team back then).

But tbf to Grant Holt, he was chucked into a truly awful Wednesday side (we were rumbleing poo poo) and coming from Barrow (i think) it was a huge ask for him to come in and deliver the goods in what was a sinking ship.

Good to see him doing well now though.

Guest SPURTt

He looks part premier league and part keystone cops - another Theo Robinson

As for Holt - give it up people - he wasn't good enoug for what we needed at that time

He left 7 years ago and it's taken him until now to gwt to the level he's at

Very best of luck to him but there's no way we should have kept him

......................................................................No perhaps not as he has only scored 146 goals since he left ,

And until this season every single one of those league goals was scored at a level lower than we were playing at since the time we let him go - often 2 levels below where we were.

As i said we were right to release him at the time - and well done to him but you can hardly say we were wrong to release him because 7 years later he ends up for the first time doing well at a higher level than we're at

The guy has paid his dues bumming around the bottom division, being the boo boy at Forest and he kept plugging away and deserves his current success - and it's great to see - but we were still right to release him and there's no way he's have lasted much longer with us anyway - we needed better at that time

And until this season every single one of those league goals was scored at a level lower than we were playing at since the time we let him go - often 2 levels below where we were.

As i said we were right to release him at the time - and well done to him but you can hardly say we were wrong to release him because 7 years later he ends up for the first time doing well at a higher level than we're at

The guy has paid his dues bumming around the bottom division, being the boo boy at Forest and he kept plugging away and deserves his current success - and it's great to see - but we were still right to release him and there's no way he's have lasted much longer with us anyway - we needed better at that time

Some Wednesday fans can't get it through their heads that players come and go, some often go on to have success and others don't.

When Grant Holt looks back at his career when he is 40 he'll see his time at Wednesday as an irrelevance, not good or bad.

Do Wednesday fans think that when he scores for Norwich he wishes it was for Wednesday? No.

Guest TonyOwl88

I know we take the wee wee out of that show, but it could be worse couldn't it? Imagine if Adrian Chiles still worked for the BBC...

Maniche has just f**ked up big time. Started talking on two seperate occasions about a game which they hadn't even shown the highlights of...obviously got told both times in his ear by the director/editor to stop but he'd already made a wee pipe of himself by that point.

Amateur presenting of the very highest order.

Didn't he say he'd just flown in from India, "and it shows"? He was probably suffering from jet lag.