Sheffield Wednesday... who are they?

Guest xvivahatex

Guest mozzyblue

WE'RE NOT GOING DOWN.

You are an idiot. With megson in charge we are in big touble. Unless he walks, we are as good as down. 4 points and teams breathing down our necks.

Reality check needed.

Edited by mozzyblue

As I was in lancashire staying with friends I persuaded them to accompany me to the Accrington Stanley v Port Vale game. £13 to get in seated or standing. Stanley were a neat footballing side who won easily. There was very little head tennis which we get all the time. After the game we went back to watch Wednesday on TV. Although we played OK, I couldn't help feeling we would struggle against Stanley. An awful statement but true. However I trust Megson to clearout our overpaid spineless useless lot in the summer and get in players in his own image.

Guest Saturday Owl

You are an idiot. With megson in charge we are in big touble. Unless he walks, we are as good as down. 4 points and teams breathing down our necks.

Reality check needed.

You complete fool, Megson is the man for the job look at his track record.

Were not going down we might be bad but were not as bad as Dagenham, Swindon, Bristol Rovers ect.

Get a grip people.

As I was in lancashire staying with friends I persuaded them to accompany me to the Accrington Stanley v Port Vale game. £13 to get in seated or standing. Stanley were a neat footballing side who won easily. There was very little head tennis which we get all the time. After the game we went back to watch Wednesday on TV. Although we played OK, I couldn't help feeling we would struggle against Stanley. An awful statement but true. However I trust Megson to clearout our overpaid spineless useless lot in the summer and get in players in his own image.

Hope you're right !

For christ's sake were not going down.

why not because we are Sheffield Wednesday and we are too big to play in League 2??

If we lose to Dagenham (which at the minute looks a big possibilty) we will be really dragged down into the mire and with 11 ******* who know they will get paid £3k plus a week even in League 2 they dont care how they perform as only 1 or 2 are actual fans of the club, we need a big win at Dagenham then a few home wins just to be safe then we can start to build for next year with a clearout of 15/16 players as most of these would struggle in the Blue Square Bet Premier

Reality check needed.

Calling a young lad an idiot because he believes we wont go down, nice.

There is a difference between an idiot and an optimist.

I think its worryingly likely we may slip down, particularly if we dont win before the brighton game, but seriously, it has nothing to do with megson, what do you honestly think would happen under a new manager, would awful players suddenly become better, would old players who are past their best suddenly become younger again? No chance.

Megson will get it right in the summer im sure, we just have to somehow get 3 more wins this season.

I wonder if we had the foresight to put relegation clauses in contracts? Or were they more weighted towards winning the league bonuses?

Until we are mathematically safe I wouldn't put anything past these underperforming seals. No desire passion fight or skill. We could go down, make no mistake about it.

We need three wins out of 10 remaining games. That would give us 52 points, which should see us safe. (In 09/10 Hartlepool stayed up on 50, in 08/09 Carlisle stayed up on 50, in 07/08 Crewe Alexandra stayed up on 50.)

I appreciate that the table looks bad, and our form looks shocking, but I'd be surprised if we can't stay up. We only need to average 0.9 points per game (or even 0.7 points) till the end of the season, and that's basically relegation form. Call me an optimist but I can't see us going down, and if we somehow do, the players all need shooting.