Thats not the point im making the point is how many

ex pigs get mentioned on here would people be mentioning

the likes of Brown,Tongue,Hendrie etc if they had not played

for utd, do people watch players or just listen to others its a

good job were not surrounded by villa fans or we would be

wanting Heskey. And before the replies come thats tongue in cheek

but do you get were im coming from.

I think that's about it tbh.

All have played at a higher level and are "valid" to be mentioned amongst the hundreds of players who haven't played for the Pigs.

Brown is a decent shout and would be the only one to bother them if we signed him.

Tonge seems to have lost his way and this might be down to his lifestyle if the rumours were to be believed.

Hendrie was a w4nk suggestion as he seems a right little thrower who's living off the past.

Don't be so paranoid. :biggrin:

Guest valley owl 2000

Ex-pig or not I couldnt give a t0ss.

Remember when they had Bromby, Geary and Quinny from us?

We need a bit of payback for that so I would very much welcome Michael Brown, strong, nasty ballwinning midfielder in the Shaun Derry mould that we NEED.

He would be cheap but not sure he'd drop down to league one. Maybe if the likes of Michael Morrison have made the drop maybe Milan could wave his metaphorical wand and get him in.

there you go Derry another one

Thats not the point im making the point is how many

ex pigs get mentioned on here would people be mentioning

the likes of Brown,Tongue,Hendrie etc if they had not played

for utd, do people watch players or just listen to others its a

good job were not surrounded by villa fans or we would be

wanting Heskey. And before the replies come thats tongue in cheek

but do you get were im coming from.

Who they played for, and how those fans rated him has nothing to do with it. All we really have to be concerned with is :

"Who would you rather play in Midfield with Giles Coke

a) Darren Potter

b) James O'Connor

c) Michael Brown"

Don't like Brown, nothing to do with him playing for United, just think he's a bit of a cod canyon

But that's exactly the sort of player everyone's saying we need (and I'd agree with them). Someone not afraid to get stuck into the opposition and play a few passes around from the middle of the park.

Edited by Dan™

Guest valley owl 2000

Who they played for, and how those fans rated him has nothing to do with it. All we really have to be concerned with is :

"Who would you rather play in Midfield with Giles Coke

a) Darren Potter

b) James O'Connor

c) Michael Brown"

your still not getting what i am saying does it have to be an ex blade

your still not getting what i am saying does it have to be an ex blade

I think people understand what you're saying, they just don't understand why.

Personally, I'm not sure sure why Michael having played for United would make a difference to us signing him or not - the only relevance is that it'll probably wee wee off a few Blades fans, which is just an added bonus really.

Guest GodsanOwl

You do realise why these 2 players aren't playing don't you?

They are Pompeys best players, I work down there and there's a lot of fans gutted they can't play! Basically, the chimps who used to be in charge gave them both contracts of around £20,000 with clauses to nearly double that after so many appearances! Now both players are 1 appearance off activating that clause and Pompey can't afford to play them!!

This then means that they will be going to a club in an equal or higher league when they leave and will be expecting £30,000 a week contracts!!

I would love them both to come to Hillsborough but I think they are out of our budget!

Guest pompyowl

You do realise why these 2 players aren't playing don't you?

They are Pompeys best players, I work down there and there's a lot of fans gutted they can't play! Basically, the chimps who used to be in charge gave them both contracts of around £20,000 with clauses to nearly double that after so many appearances! Now both players are 1 appearance off activating that clause and Pompey can't afford to play them!!

This then means that they will be going to a club in an equal or higher league when they leave and will be expecting £30,000 a week contracts!!

I would love them both to come to Hillsborough but I think they are out of our budget!

you are right but i would'nt say hughes is one of their best players

Sounds like the perfect opportunity for a loan then, with us paying perhaps 50% of their wages with maybe a small loan fee.

We certainly can't afford to give them anywhere near £20k a week (if that is what they're truly on at Portsmouth) and lets be honest, as much as you want to play football as a career and actually be out there on the pitch rather than the bench, I'd like to see anyone on here tell me with a straight face that they'd turn down at least ten thousand pounds per week for the next six months of their contract to come and play in a lower division.

A loan would make sense though, as Pompy would be saving a large proportion of wages they're currently giving away for nothing on players they can't afford to play. If this rumour is true of course.

Guest GodsanOwl

They would expect that sort of money!!!

There's been a big stink kicked up in the local Pompey press that they have offered to take a compromise and forgoe the wage increases but still extend the contract at 20k. Pompey have put in place a wage structure that will not allow them to offer these 2 players 20k a week on a new deal, which is the only way to legally change the contract terms.

Therefore you have a position where half the Pompey fans think the players are being greedy by wanting to keep the wage they agreed with the club initially and the other half are furious at the club because they won't break thier wage budget to allow these players to play!

Tony Currie was class to be fair, he was a tremendous talent wasted at Bramall Lane.

Mind you, he did play in their best ever team with the likes of Badger, Hemsley, Hockey, Colquohon, Woodward and Dearden.

I was taken to watch them as a kid as we could get free tickets, then back to Hillsborough the following week.

I spent most of the time listening to the radio to see how Wednesday were getting on away from home.