So what's gone on?

I've heard some people hinting that 'something' may have happened to force the cancellation of Purse's contract. And I've heard Morrison's name mentioned too.

It does seem rather strange that we'd just pay up his contract rather than letting him go on a free transfer.

Anyone heard owt? If so, come on, spill the beans...

My theory!

We signed 3 defenders, Purse's contract is up at end of season. A club have made an enquirer for him and we have decided to terminate his contract now so he can go and secure a contract beyond this season with another club and we save on his wages!

My theory!

We signed 3 defenders, Purse's contract is up at end of season. A club have made an enquirer for him and we have decided to terminate his contract now so he can go and secure a contract beyond this season with another club and we save on his wages!

I'm with this guy.

What have you heard then?

I haven't heard owt, but then i never do.

From what i can gather, AI said that Millwall had enquired and he was going to sit down with DP to discuss it. Obviously DP has said he wants to move on, i think AI may wanted to have kept him til then end of the season based purely on his experience, but in my view he's not the kind of manager who would make someone stay against their wishes.

DP supported Millwall as a kid, who knows how much he wanted the move, if indeed he does end up at Millwall. And this could well have been the last oppurtunity he'd get to play for em. And with the booing at the weekend, it may have just been the deciding factor.

I reckon Purse left S6 wi face on and picked the phone up & dialled agent, Millwall come knocking and club find out was initiated by club captain

Outcome - Goodbye

Milan on Saturday: 'i hate it when players do not put in 100%'

Milan today: 'bye bye darren!'

Now I don't like Purse the player but there is no chance that he didn't put in 100% every game in blue and white. Perfect professional in my eyes but unfortunately an awful defender.

Guest starrydave

Now I don't like Purse the player but there is no chance that he didn't put in 100% every game in blue and white. Perfect professional in my eyes but unfortunately an awful defender.

just because he tries hard doesn't mean he gave 100%. Concentration is a part of effort, and fpr a player who messes up so frequently cannot be concentrating 100%

Guest intercity0wl

Just another wild theory.

Purse got wind of our interest in Lee Hughes and thought, "**** this, im not being associated with that scab"

And decided to leave, smart move Darren.

Only problem with that is being under contract you carn't just say thats it im off.

just because he tries hard doesn't mean he gave 100%. Concentration is a part of effort, and fpr a player who messes up so frequently cannot be concentrating 100%

That is the biggest pile of poo that I have ever read. There was no doubt that he gave 100% - he made massive howlers because he made the wrong decision.

Edited by shandypants

My theory!

I would agree but why not a minimal fee and why by mutual consent?

Guest starrydave

That is the biggest pile of poo that I have ever read. There was no doubt that he gave 100% - he made massive howlers because he made the wrong decision.

flip me, he made bad decisions because he didnt concentrate! It's messed up to say that a player that makes so many howlers gave 100% - that takes more then just running around and shouting a lot - FACT!

flip me, he made bad decisions because he didnt concentrate! It's messed up to say that a player that makes so many howlers gave 100% - that takes more then just running around and shouting a lot - FACT!

OK then. By your reasoning, JOC doesn't give 100%. JOC is the most committed player in the side yet he has made massive howlers. Players can be fully committed and still make mistakes.