So what's gone on?

Guest starrydave

OK then. By your reasoning, JOC doesn't give 100%. JOC is the most committed player in the side yet he has made massive howlers. Players can be fully committed and still make mistakes.

Nothin compared to purse. I don't doubt dp's commitment to club, i just believe that if a player has such lapses in concentration its just not accurate to say they give 100%, and disrespects the players that do. Now roger off, I'm goin to sleep!

I would agree but why not a minimal fee and why by mutual consent?

Whats going rate for a 34 year old defender, prone to gaffes with 6 month left on his contract?

We've signed a promising 23 year old with 6 month left on his contract for £150,000.

I see it like this, we've just got 3 new, young, promising centre halfs who are possibly going to be at the heart of our defence for years if they fulfill their potential. DP was going at end of the season anyway, Millwall have come in and turned his head and the crowd are on his back at every mistake he makes. We've cancelled his contract. Why hold out for a fee, its not like we need the money anymore.

It's in the best interests of everybody in my opinion.

I read earlier within the local rag down south that there were contractual issues that were stalling his move.

Something about if he played a certain number of games then he would have a third year on his contract. Perhaps legally it was just simpler to terminate his contract to allow him to move, I would imagine he would be really keen to play for Millwall before he retires.

But I did think it would be easier to just accept a token offer from Millwall and do it that way.

Nothin compared to purse. I don't doubt dp's commitment to club, i just believe that if a player has such lapses in concentration its just not accurate to say they give 100%, and disrespects the players that do. Now roger off, I'm goin to sleep!

That say's everything about you. 'Let's just agree to disagree would have been an adult response.

Edited by shandypants