West Stand Upper - Selling Out For Yeovil Game

I phoned today, gave the my ID number and they are sending the west stand tickets in the post, nice and easy

I caould phone up but my mrs got her ticket as part of the take-over tripple special deal and I don't think you can just call up and swap a paper ticket can you?

Just not bothered...

How badly is your view obscured by the pillars?

Not at all in the central blocks really - take a look at the picture on the stadium plan at the online shop.

My money is on everyone sitting down without saying a peep, maybe a song or two at the start, then silence. Just like usual in Hillsborough.

This frustrates me. It is up to you to make the difference. Why does everybody think it is somebody else's responsibility to make an atmosphere and then sit on their hands until somebody else makes some noise. If you want atmosphere then create it!

That's half the point of this excersise - to recreate the atmosphere we get at away games. I know lots of people have moved specifically to make some noise for this game, so they will make some noise and get it going.

My moneys on about 600 people sitting up there and not singing because the club are making season ticket holders go down to the store to change their seats when the vast majority don't have time to go down

No offence mate, but these thickets have been on sale since well before Christmas (near the start of November). There's been plenty of chance, including at least 4-5 home games, for you to get tickets. The ticket office may process tickets for this over the phone but at their discretion because of the time and processes involved - and you have to get through to the ticket office here rather than the call centre.

Is it not just pay on the gate?

Unfortunately not (and it can't be).

Some of you lot are reyt whinging, whining, moaning negative gits

lol

Shurrup moanin and join in

Exactly. It's all about having a bit of fun and doing something different. Rather than sitting, sniping, assuming, etc - get involved, have a laugh, build it up, make some noise.

It` just the wrong time and wrong game but it is a good idea, should have been done on a Saturday.

It was originally the bank holiday Tuesday. It has to be this fixture because of the away attendance and Football League rules on offered allocations, etc.

This is a testbed for doing different things like this, so please get involved. For YEARS people have been asking whether we could have a 'home away day' in the West Upper and when it's delivered they then just begin to have a go and assume the worst, etc. The cynical days of Sheffield Wednesday should be long gone now and we should all be getting behind initiatives to try and make it better. If this trial goes well then we are going to try and do this each year, we just need this to go well and for the data to have to hand to show that we can do this when we try to do it again. PLEASE get on board, PLEASE get involved, PLEASE make the most of it. Because if it doesn't work then it'll not happen again.

So - what songs are you all going to sing to the 'home' fans. The banter between the West Upper and the North/Kop could be excellent and VERY amusing!

Just a quick reminder that for the Yeovil game we have the West Stand upper

post-4683-050029300 1295466459_thumb.jpg post-4683-020683400 1295466467_thumb.jpg

Yeovil fans will be moved to the West Stand lower to give Owls fans the chance to sit in the best place in the stadium

MORE IMPORTANTLY - it gives us a chance to have an away game - AT HOME !!

So this means inflatables, fancy dress, funny songs and a great atmosphere !

The centre section is sold out - and the club is now selling tickets on either side - which is a fantastic view (second to none - behind the goal - close to the pitch)

QUESTION - What songs can we sing ?

I've got a shed.... etc ??

You only come to see the Wednesday come to see the Wednesday!!

I'm going, can't wait.

Can we make one stipulation though. For the love of God, no Crystal Palace songs please.

Has anyone approached Tango? Get him in there and he will sort the atmosphere.

yes cos' we need the fat edit to show us how to support the team when we're "away" don't we