Tonights Football

Bristol Rovers (Currently 22nd) v Hartlepool (Currently 13th and 2 points behind us)

MK Dons (Currently 6th and 2 points ahead of us) v Plymouth (Currently 17th and 4 points behind us)

Rochdale (Currently 11th and 2 points behind us) v Bournemouth (Currently 4th and 5 points ahead of us)

Where do you think we'll be after these games?

What are the best results for us?

What results do you want?

:biggrin:

Guest Thorney811

Looking at things long term the only team playing tonight that looks like they might be challenging us for an automatic spot is Bournemouth. So with that in mind as long as Rochdale win then the other results can be dismissed - that's unless we are now saying that we fear sides like MK Dons and Hartlepool (thinking about it i think AI did say that this year?)

Bournemouth will struggle to keep the momentum going though IMO , now that they have lost Eddie Howe , so without been over confident i don't see any of these 6 sides finishing above us come the end of season

Looking at things long term the only team playing tonight that looks like they might be challenging us for an automatic spot is Bournemouth. So with that in mind as long as Rochdale win then the other results can be dismissed - that's unless we are now saying that we fear sides like MK Dons and Hartlepool (thinking about it i think AI did say that this year?)

Bournemouth will struggle to keep the momentum going though IMO , now that they have lost Eddie Howe , so without been over confident i don't see any of these 6 sides finishing above us come the end of season

We have been saying things like this all season though - "False position", "can't carry on", "lose momentum". The fact of the matter is that we are now in mid table and surrounded by other clubs that are all fighting for a play-off spot. Us thinking we are fighting for an automatic promotion place is looking more and more unrealistic every week if you ask me. We need to start taking these other teams seriously (both when we play them and when they play others). It isn't a fluke that there are all these teams around us and it is dangerous for our promotion push. We need to start beating the top teams and get some momentum!

Just not bothered...

We have been saying things like this all season though - "False position", "can't carry on", "lose momentum". The fact of the matter is that we are now in mid table and surrounded by other clubs that are all fighting for a play-off spot. Us thinking we are fighting for an automatic promotion place is looking more and more unrealistic every week if you ask me. We need to start taking these other teams seriously (both when we play them and when they play others). It isn't a fluke that there are all these teams around us and it is dangerous for our promotion push. We need to start beating the top teams and get some momentum!

So if we stay mid table, how long do you think MM will give him? Bearing in mind longer he gives him then less time a new manager to change things?

6 games max I reckon, though I hope its no more than 3!

Christ I didn't realise clubs like Rochdale and Hartlepool were 2 points behind us that's shocking.

Init, rather embarassing imho, how AI is in charge is astonishing, but i cannot see MM standing for it either, it's really bizarre, the only conclusion i can come to is that the squad are no where near as good as we believe,

If MM is happy with AI maybe he is much much better than we realise,

I am wick of AI but you look at his signings and you wonder how bad he really is, maybe the squad Laws left were much much worse than anybody really realises…

What have you seen this season to suggest we are challenging for automatic promotion?

Play-offs at best - we might scrape in like last time, then we've got to hope the Wednesday machine gathers momentum once in them.

Embarrassing really.

I am wick of AI but you look at his signings and you wonder how bad he really is, maybe the squad Laws left were much much worse than anybody really realises…

FFS stop blaming Laws!

You're supposing successful football is about nothing more than collecting players

Reading this reinforces my view that even the play offs may be beyond us!!!

Yet there remain those who think everything in the garden is rosey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't think the playoffs are out of reach, but after the first half of the season we are a mid table team, Agree with you on the second point! Some fans are deluded if they think AI will take us up automatically!