THE RADIATOR

Only slight criticism was that he gave the ball away easily from a couple of headers

Not only headers but a few passes as well......sorry to burst the bubble but for all the positives about him, I've seen plenty to show why he's a third division player..... And that tackle would have seen a red card from many refs

Brilliant player.

Normally don't like centre halves who get THAT close.... but he has the turn of pace and also the strength to mean that this facet of his game will be a real asset to our back line

Once at full speed as well he really does eat up the ground.

Also think Morisson will be his eventual partner once a right back is fit / signed. Morisson did a job today, but he is clearly a centre back. Put in some storming challenges and clearly reads the game very well

Guest starrydave

I think he is going to be an absolute rock in our defence.

There was only one dissappointing moment for me, and that was leading up to the penalty. He should have tracked the player, and let him run past him. That been said, Purse was behind him, and if Purse was any other centre back it wouldnt have been a problem.

That tackle in the second half was incredible. From where I was, it looked like an impossible tackle to make. His goal was epic as well - at least two CAFC players around him.

REEEEEDA JOHNSON, Wednesday legend in the making!

Guest Darkus Owlus

Really happy with him today especially second half he was solid. Would like to see

Jones Morrison Johnson Buxton

for the back 4.

Poor Reynolds.

Thought he started a little nervously to be honest...but a glance to the side of him could have been responsible for that..Purse had a shocker...I don't like the booing of any Wednesday player, but bloody hell how many rickets are you allowed before sumatt changes.

We started slowly, Teale looked the only player with any sort of desire to go forward, why was he subbed at half time?....Second half we played like we should have started, which is happening far to regularly..and Charlton went to bits for 10 minutes..THE RADIATOR grew into the game and looked a real find...that tackle took me back to the 70s...(although i'm surprised he got away with it)

The JOC debate.../...I thought he had one of his better games, which is probably damning him with faint praise...he's not good enough...not consistently good enough...nor is Sedgewick....Heffernan has to start a game i'm baffled as to why he doesn't.

Once the crowd get going , the team get going....it all went t*ts up too early today...Charlton looked distinctly brittle after the first goal...for a couple of minutes they were simply panic struck...unfortunately we took our foot offa the pedal after the second.

All in all we need to cut out stupid errors at the back, and if that means cutting the captain out...so be it...its not the odd mistake ..its a consistent lack of awareness of whats going on around him...that is the sad truth of it...WE cannot afford to have to score 3 goals to win a game...we have to start solid at the back...and we are not

What happened after that tackle when wagstaff was stood on the sideline???

He reacted like someone from the crowd had thrown something at him, but I didnt see if anyone actually did.

He started swearin at the crowd as well.

Edited by dobbyswfc

What happened after that tackle when wagstaff was stood on the sideline???

He reacted like someone from the crowd had thrown something at him, but I didnt see if anyone actually did.

He started swearin at the crowd as well.

[/quot

It happened just in front of me and something bounced of his neck - shiny gold. Don't think it was a coin but couldn't really tell. Then he turned round telling us to roger off.

I hope his mother is pround of him.

Guest Saturday Owl

He was feckin appalling in the first half. Like bambi on ice. The whole lot of them were dire.

He was fantastic in the second half though.

Hardly mate, he was the best player on the pitch in the first half.

Also look at his legs when he runs, there so long and cover some right distance. Looks amazing! :blink: I think I've just got a semi on.

Hardly mate, he was the best player on the pitch in the first half.

Also look at his legs when he runs, there so long and cover some right distance. Looks amazing! :blink: I think I've just got a semi on.

Totally disagree.

Gave the ball away too much, poor positioning, and looked so cumbersome. However, everyone has an opinion.

Guest Romish Owl

Not only headers but a few passes as well......sorry to burst the bubble but for all the positives about him, I've seen plenty to show why he's a third division player..... And that tackle would have seen a red card from many refs

Thought he was slow with the first goal, let the player go past him to easily, which put Purse in trouble, but he should have jockeyed him not diving in like a novice.

After that though improved in his all round game, but thought that tackle should have been a booking, but he's young and should improve.

A lot of potential clearly. One minor criticism would be that he went and attacked EVERYTHING, which is fine when you win the ball (and 90% of the time he did, especially as he grew into the game), but when he came out second best he was left 5/10 yards out of position. In both goals, he went to attack a ball he was never really going to win and ended up leaving a big gap in behind him.

But as I said, he grew into the game and after that first 10-15 minutes he was very impressive. It's what we have to expect really from a guy with a lot of potential but not a huge amount of experience. Hopefully with time and experience that judgement of which balls to attack and which to leave will improve, and he'll become a very good all round player.

On the first 180 minutes of football in the blue & white, it looks like we've got a nice little bargain at the £100k or so he's cost us.