THE RADIATOR

A lot of potential clearly. One minor criticism would be that he went and attacked EVERYTHING, which is fine when you win the ball (and 90% of the time he did, especially as he grew into the game), but when he came out second best he was left 5/10 yards out of position. In both goals, he went to attack a ball he was never really going to win and ended up leaving a big gap in behind him.

But as I said, he grew into the game and after that first 10-15 minutes he was very impressive. It's what we have to expect really from a guy with a lot of potential but not a huge amount of experience. Hopefully with time and experience that judgement of which balls to attack and which to leave will improve, and he'll become a very good all round player.

On the first 180 minutes of football in the blue & white, it looks like we've got a nice little bargain at the £100k or so he's cost us.

This. He absolutely scared me to death in the first half. He swung from being absolutely brilliant to being butt-clenchingly scary in the first 45 minutes. He was two yards out of position for Charlton's first goal and jumped into the player that flicked on the header to the player at the back post that scored and for their penalty, he had naively followed one of Charlton's forwards miles up the pitch and had left a very poor Purse exposed against a pacey player. On the opposite side of the coin, he had the Charlton right winger/midfielder in his pocket all match and he wasn't dominated when the opposition tried to 'rough it up'.

He was absolutely immense in the Second half. The goal, that tackle, that 'mazey(ish)' run with the ball out of defence - WOW!!! He could be the next super star!

He's only 22 and is not the finished article. I really hope that Irvine (or any future manager) doesn't coach him into being an ordinary defender. I think we may have to live with the 'strange' parts of THE RADIATOR Johhson's game if we are going to get the best out of him.

Edited by shandypants

He'll throw in some ricks, I have no doubts about that.

BUT

This guy has a hell of a lot of talent/potential, and he could be some player in years to come.

Fantastic header for the second goal by the way.

That is some neck power :st2:

The guy will be a cult hero due to his committment and exciting style of play.

He can be compared to Bougherra, in the same way that he can look outstanding but when you look back at his game, has been responsible for at least one goal.

I agree with Senwar, he has an incredibly naive defending style and I fear an experienced striker will make him look stupid.

I will judge him after three or four games..see if that 'seat of his pants' defending style is consistently effective in this league.

Edited by Bannofan

Guest Mexico Baby

Not only headers but a few passes as well......sorry to burst the bubble but for all the positives about him, I've seen plenty to show why he's a third division player..... And that tackle would have seen a red card from many refs

Then many refs would be wrong!

Never been a foul :mad: